Here’s a complete list of all the new features and changes in Lightroom CC / 6. For video tutorials explaining all the features and changes, visit (this Lightroom 6 resources page).
Photo Merge HDR
- Designed to merge multiple exposures to increase dynamic range. It is not designed to give creative HDR looks, that plug-ins such as Photomatix provide.
- Access by selecting two or more raw files, then go to Photo>Photo Merge HDR, or right click and choose Photo Merge > HDR, or Ctl-H.
- Options to align and auto-tone photos. In the case of elements that have moved between frames, option to deghost the result. Deghosting analyzes local areas and chooses one frame from the series to use in that local area.
- Resulting file is a 16-bit raw (DNG) file – with all of the editing flexibility and advantages of a raw file!
- Run in “headless mode”, skipping the dialog and using your prior settings, with Shift-Ctl-H.
- Often does best with just two or three exposures.