Today in a live event Adobe announced the release of new versions of Photoshop CC and 13 other CC desktop apps, plus Lightroom 5.5 (discussed in another blog post.)
Photoshop CC 2014 new features of particular interest to photographers:
- Focus Mask, which allows automatic selection of in-focus objects.
- New motion blur filters in the Blur Gallery (with live preview):
- Spin blur: cusomize an oval or circular motion blur
– Path blur: create motion blurs along user defined paths
- Improvements to Content Aware Features to allow for better color blending
In addition there are many design-related enhancements, such as smarter smart guides, new text features, improved layer comps and smart object enhancements, as well as other smaller changes.
Note that due to technical constraints, the Oil Paint filter has been removed. If you would like to continue to use it, do not uninstall the last version of Photoshop CC (they can both reside on your computer.)
Watch Terry White’s video on What’s New below: