Lightroom 3: The Fundamentals and Beyond
A Workshop on Video with Laura Shoe
Almost 7 hours of training on 37 videos, for Mac, PC and mobile devices
“This is by far the best tutorial/ instruction book/ guide/ seminar/ workshop / DVD that I’ve ever invested in!” Mark S.
You will receive a download link within a few minutes. The file is 835 MB.
DVD: permanently out of stock
Problems with the cart or PayPal? Scroll down to the bottom of this page.
In this widely-acclaimed series of almost 7 hours of training on 37 videos, delve into the fundamentals of Lightroom and beyond. Laura guides you through how to manage, enhance and share your images using Lightroom 3’s Library and Develop modules in a way that beginners can easily understand and immediately put to use, and with enough depth that intermediate users can also benefit greatly. From her years of teaching experience and moderating Adobe’s Community Help system, she anticipates where students get stuck, and with a clear and concise presentation style, guides you through the complexities with ease.
Getting Started: Understand how Lightroom 3 works with a catalog and nondestructive editing, where to put your images and how to organize them, how to move your catalog and images, how to ensure that everything gets backed up, how to set preferences and catalog settings.
Library: Learn how to get around in the Library module, manage screen space, set view options, import images, manage your files and folders, resolve problems that occur, rate, flag and keyword your images, add metadata, find images, create collections and smart collections. Learn how to use Publish Services to share your images on Facebook, Flickr and other services, and how to create jpeg and other copies of your images to share via Export.
Develop: after an overview of the Develop process, learn how to read the histogram, and then to use the crop, spot removal, and red eye tools. Learn the basics panel, how to adjust individual tones with the tone curve, individual colors with HSL, black and white conversions and split toning, adding grain and vignettes, lens corrections, sharpening and noise reduction. Learn how to take advantage of virtual copies and presets, and how to use history and snapshots. Make local changes with the adjustment brush and graduated filter. Work on multiple images with sync and auto sync. Learn different ways to view your image before and after your work. New bonus: Integrating Photoshop into your Lightroom workflow.
37 MP4 videos (playable with Quick Time, iTunes and other media players, mobile-device compatible)
Includes guidance for beginners on which videos are most important for beginners to watch first.
Problems with the Shopping Cart?
- If you don’t have a PayPal account and wish to pay with a credit card, in the shopping cart click on the credit cards symbol to the right of “Checkout with PayPal”.
- If you click on Add to Cart and nothing happens, right-click (ctl-click on Mac), and choose Open Link in New Tab (or Window). If this doesn’t work, try using a different browser. If this doesn’t work, please contact Laura.
- PayPal errors: First, try a different browser. Second, if you know how to, try clearing your browser history and cookies. If you don’t know how to do this or it does not resolve the issue, please contact Laura. Information on what error codes and messages you received would also be very helpful.
- If you are getting a blank screen with Firefox, use a different browser, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Safari.
- Other problems or questions? Contact Laura