//Adobe Releases Lightroom 6.13 / CC 2015.13

Adobe Releases Lightroom 6.13 / CC 2015.13

What's New in Lightroom 6.13As promised last week, Adobe today released Lightroom 6.13 – a free update to the perpetual-license (non-subscription) Lightroom 6 product. The update contains one bug fix, support for several new cameras, and many new lens profiles.

For Creative Cloud subscribers still using the CC 2015 product who don’t want to upgrade to the newer Classic 7 version at this time, there is also an update for you, CC 2015.13, that will give you the same bug fix, new cameras and new lens profiles.

It’s always a good idea to back up your Lightroom catalog before updating. If the backup prompt doesn’t come up when you close Lightroom, then in the menu bar go to Lightroom (Mac) or Edit (PC) > Preferences, and on the General tab, change the Backup frequency dropdown to “When Lightroom Next Exits”. Then close Lightroom and backup your catalog. (The backup frequency will then revert to the selection you had previously.)

Updating the Perpetual Lightroom 6 to 6.13

To update the perpetual version, in Lightroom 6 go to Help>Check for Updates and choose to update Lightroom>Lightroom 6.13.

Alternatively you can download the following update patches: Windows Mac. After download, double-click on the file to run the update process.

You can verify that you have successfully updated by going to Help>System Info – the Lightroom version number is listed towards the top.

While Lightroom 6 is still for sale, as of the end of this year, its development will be permanently frozen. I have read elsewhere that there will be one more update, 6.14, before then, but I don’t have verification of this.

Updating the Creative Cloud Version to 2015.13

It’s important to pay close attention to the options in your CC application. Click on the dropdown triangle to the left of “Lightroom Classic CC”:

Lightroom Classic in the CC Application

This will expand to:

Update to Lightroom Classic or Lightroom CC 2015.13

You won’t need to update both of these! Either choose to update your Lightroom CC 2015 to 2015.13 to get the new camera support, lens profiles and bug fixes by selecting the second one above – “Lightroom CC (2015)” OR choose Lightroom Classic CC to get this brand new version with performance improvements and new features.(For that option, watch my video first on how to upgrade to Lightroom Classic.)

Bug Fixed

The one bug fixed is a page numbering / pagination issue in the Book module for Blurb books.

New Camera Support

Raw files from the following new cameras can now be imported:

• Canon EOS M100*
  • Casio EXILIM EX-ZR4100
  • Casio EXILIM EX-ZR5100
  • Fujifilm X-E3 • Nikon D850
  • Olympus OMD E-M10 Mark III
  • Samsung Galaxy S8
  • Samsung Galaxy S8+
  • Sony RX0 (DSC-RX0)**
  • Sony RX10 IV (DSC-RX10M4)*

* Denotes preliminary support.
** Only the Adobe Standard color profile included.

Click here to see a list of all cameras supported in each version of Lightroom (and Camera Raw).

New Lens Profiles

Click here for a list of lens profiles added to Lightroom (Classic) 6.13.

Related Content

For articles and video tutorials related to all the news last week about Lightroom Classic 7, the new cloud-based Lightroom CC, Lightroom mobile and web, visit my “What’s New” resource page.

2017-10-26T10:47:54-07:00 October 26th, 2017|14 Comments

1. Mark Dizik October 26, 2017 at 4:29 pm - Reply

I need help please. I have two perpetual licenses of LR6. They’re all at 6.12. Two are on desktop PCs and 2 on laptops (Surface 4 devices). I’ve downloaded your direct patch for Windows and was able to update 3 of them to 6.13. I just can’t get the one desktop to update. When I try it gives me a message that this update isn’t applicable to me. Any ideas of how to fix this?
    Thanks.

• Laura Shoe October 26, 2017 at 7:54 pm - Reply

That’s serious Lightroom usage, Mark! Other than suggesting that maybe you have Classic installed on your laptop (check by going to Help>System Info) I’m afraid that I can’t troubleshoot installation issues. I’d recommend posting on lightroomforums.net.

2. […] L’éditeur Adobe a mis en ligne la dernière mise à jour du logiciel, mouture 6.13. […]

3. LR user October 28, 2017 at 1:57 pm - Reply

After the update, there is still no Sony RX10 IV profile (DSC-RX10M4)

4. Zenon Char October 30, 2017 at 9:06 pm - Reply

Hello I recently updated to the Photo plan. I have LR Classic and I’m aware I will Iose some functionality if I stop the subscription. Develop, Maps and Sync. I kept CS6 (which was not effected) and LR6 just in case I do so I have some time to decide what I’ll do.

After hearing about the updates today I update LR6 to get that done before 2018 and it morphed into LR CC 2015.13. The standalone users get 6.13. In 2018 there will be no more updates for 6.13 and I believe none for LR CC 2105.13 as well.

Will I also lose functionality with LR CC 2015.13 if I stop the subscription? I would not have if I had kept LR6.

Thanks in advance.

• Laura Shoe November 1, 2017 at 5:16 pm - Reply

Hi Zenon, there is a way to convert CC 2015 to LR 6 (with the license key) – I don’t recall how to do it, but it’s out there on Google somewhere.

5. Patrick October 31, 2017 at 5:41 am - Reply

Good morning Laura, I have (had) LR6.12 Perpetual license, until I did the update to 6.13, but after the update my version is showing 6.0. Any idea what happened? I googled this issue and many others had this same or similar issue. Some where converted to LR CC. Regards

6. Deb November 10, 2017 at 10:58 am - Reply

Can you give me advice? I have LR 3 (DVD version). I am probably going to be purchasing a new mac. Will I have problems upgrading to 6 Classic hard copy or 7 classic? Thank you in advance.

7. Tim November 12, 2017 at 11:40 am - Reply

Just wunderin….The Adobe photo crowd is starting to look around due to being directed to a
    possible cloud/subscription service at some future point. Adobe has a hook in the
    Photoshop crowd due to time invested to get the training and the unique features they have incorporated
    in their editing workflow and do not want to throw away that training Keep in mind Photoshop came first
    and to use those cool features took a bit of time

LR came after, does
    not have the same degree off learning difficulty and potential hook therefore the LR crowd might consider
    moving on to a competing product. Now that you have two Adobe editing products to choose from I wonder
    as a beginner in editing, which product gets selected more often ? I know….it depends.

I think the cloud is the other real bone on contention for some but how many who knows. I have not
    read about consideration by Adobe offering the subscription but giving you the option to keep your
    pics on your HD. They would provide a discount for you not wanting to keep your pics on their
    cloud servers located at the “Burning Man” site in Nevada 🙂 That might be enough of a incentive for a portion
    of crowd to stay and soften the money grab perception. I realize the counter to the fee for cloud storage is the more
    subscribers using the cloud the cheaper the rate might be and I emphasis might be.

If this option is currently available I could not find it. You might want to hang onto your Win7/LR6 laptop
    as long as possible waiting to see what happens when the other shoe drops….no pun intended.

I know one thing for sure if Laura leaves I will be following…..best instructor bar none.

Cheers
    Tim

• Laura Shoe November 16, 2017 at 9:15 pm - Reply

Thank you, Tim! Lightroom Classic is the option you’re looking for – on a subscription but your photos are stored on your HD.

8. Deb December 4, 2017 at 3:26 pm - Reply

Dear Laura,
    I am running Lightroom 3 (boxed version) on an old imac (snow leopard 10.6.8). I am purchasing a brand new imac with high sierra. I understand that lightroom 3 will not work on it and I have to upgrade to Classic. My imac seller will be transferring my data. Should we download Lightroom Classic on the new computer before transferring my old Lightroom 3 application and catalogue or is it ok to make the transfer first and then download the new Lightroom Classic application? Or does it not make a difference? Thank you! Deb