/, Lightroom Tutorials, What's New in Lightroom X.X/Lightroom 6.10.1, CC 2015.10.1 and Mobile Updates Are Available

Lightroom 6.10.1, CC 2015.10.1 and Mobile Updates Are Available

Adobe released small updates to Lightroom Desktop and Lightroom Mobile today with bug fixes and new camera support.

Lightroom Desktop: Lightroom 6.10.1 and CC 2015.10.1

This is a small update with bug fixes, one new lens profile and support for Panasonic and Sony new cameras. To update, go to Help>Update in Lightroom or the Apps tab in your Creative Cloud app. If you don’t see this update, you can download the update file directly here (Mac Windows) and then double-click on the file to run the installation wizard.

Bug fixes:

• Inaccurate warning message with Edit in Photoshop command that stated that ACR 9.10 was required, even if you had already downloaded and installed ACR 9.10.
  • Color cast on images from some Fujifilm X series cameras shot in CH/CL modes.
  • Images taken on the Fujifilm GFX 50s with top 3 extended ISOs appeared over-exposed.
  • Some images converted to DNG from the Hasselblad H6 contained a color cast.
  • Hasselblad X1D images losing highlight details at high ISOs.

New cameras now supported:

• Panasonic LUMIX DC-ZS70 (DC-TZ90, DC-TZ91, DC-TZ92, DC-TZ93)
  • Sony A9 (ILCE-9)

New lens profile:

• Sony FE – Zeiss Batis 2.8/135

Known issue:

• Adobe reports that they are aware that Windows customers using an AMD graphics card using driver Version 17.4.4 (released 4/23/2017) are unable to use the Develop module with GPU acceleration enabled (Preferences>Performance). For now, either disable GPU acceleration or roll back to an earlier driver version, per this Adobe technical note.
Lightroom Mobile for iOS  Update

An update is available in your iPad and iPhone App Store with the following updates:

• Support for the new cameras listed above (Panasonic and Sony)
  • Bug fixes for the following issues:
    • Affected some users with photographs named with special characters
    • Crash for some users when relaunching the app
    • Loading images into Lightroom for iOS from Google Photos or Snapseed
    • Loading images that were synced to Apple Photos from iTunes
Lightroom Mobile for Android Update

There is an update available in the Google Play app store with the following updates:

• HDR support for the Samsung S8 and S8+. (The following cameras are now supported: Samsung S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8+, Google Pixel, and Google Pixel XL.)
  • Improved HDR quality and ghost reduction
  • Support for the Panasonic and Sony cameras listed above.

2017-07-26T11:46:46-07:00 May 24th, 2017|22 Comments

1. Doug May 24, 2017 at 10:14 am - Reply

Quick on the draw as usual Laura. Thanks for the heads up

2. Richard Siggins May 24, 2017 at 10:40 am - Reply

Thanks Laura
    I ran into the AMD graphics card issue after the last update and had to turn off the GPU acceleration. I haven’t seen a tremendous difference in performance.

3. Bruce May 24, 2017 at 10:51 am - Reply

I have not been able to update for 2 weeks now.

4. Joe May 24, 2017 at 10:53 am - Reply

You continue to be the go-to source of the latest on LR.
    Looking forward to the next webinar too.

Laura, I know Adobe is secretive about their plans, but what is your sense of when / if LR7 would come out? I’m a stand alone user, not cc. If my calculations are correct, this is the longest period between full updates, as LR6 came out over 2 years ago, am I right?

Thanks for your help. Joe

• Laura Shoe May 24, 2017 at 11:12 am - Reply

Hi Joe, it has been quite a while. Unfortunately those who know when LR 7 will come out can’t say, and those who are saying are either violating their NDA or are guessing. That said, I don’t know at this point. It’s not clear whether there will be a standalone Lightroom 7, or whether Adobe will go to subscription-only, as they did with Photoshop.

• Robert Lehrer May 24, 2017 at 1:07 pm - Reply

Laura, I don’t want to pay Adobe a subscription fee for a program I don’t use (Photoshop). Do you believe that Adobe may come out with a subscription-based Lightroom-only service?

• Laura Shoe May 24, 2017 at 3:00 pm - Reply

I have no information on this, Robert, but I personally doubt it.

5. Paul Cold May 24, 2017 at 10:58 am - Reply

Thank you Laura, for keeping everyone up to date with the latest Lightroom information.

6. Roland Rudio May 24, 2017 at 11:02 am - Reply

I was watching BHPhoto’s Livestream on the Sony ILCE-9 last night and one of the panelists said she is using One to read her A9 files at the moment… then said, “I am sure that will be fixed soon!” And here it is! As always… Thank you Laura!

7. Susannah May 24, 2017 at 11:02 am - Reply

Thanks Laura, that ACR notification has been bugging me for a while now, I shall be very happy to have it gone.

8. Christopher Wesselman May 24, 2017 at 11:15 am - Reply

Really appreciate these timely updates! Many thanks, Laura!

9. Alan Mendelssohn May 24, 2017 at 1:38 pm - Reply

I was able to update to 6.10.1 on my Android phone but on my Windows 10 computer Creative Cloud would not update my Lightroom 6.10. When I did a search on Creative Cloud for the update it cannot find 6.10.1. What gives?

• Laura Shoe May 24, 2017 at 2:58 pm - Reply

Hi Alan, try downloading from the Mac or Windows link in the first paragraph of my blog post.

10. Michael Bucklow May 25, 2017 at 1:11 am - Reply

As a Creative Cloud subscriber, I haven’t been able to download the update either via your blog link for MAC or through my account. I use my password to get into my account etc without problems but when I try to update it asks for the password again and then rejects it. I have had this problem with earlier updates and have had to update via telephone support. Very irritating.

• Laura Shoe May 25, 2017 at 9:32 am - Reply

Sorry to hear it, Michael. I unfortunately don’t have expertise in troubleshooting this.

11. John Westby May 26, 2017 at 2:29 am - Reply

Hi. What do you think of Macphun plugins please ? Do they do anything which Lightroom can’t do on its own ? Can they cause any problems ? Thanks

• Laura Shoe May 27, 2017 at 3:16 pm - Reply

I’m afraid I don’t know anything about them, John. It’s a good idea before installing plugins to back up your Lightroom catalog.

12. Linda May 28, 2017 at 10:22 am - Reply

I was using Lightroom on my windows computer but have now switched to a Mac computer. Can I convert anything from the windows Lightroom catalog to the Mac Lightroom version?

Sorry this question doesn’t fit this topic but I didn’t know where else to ask. Thank you in advance!

• Laura Shoe May 28, 2017 at 2:18 pm - Reply

Yes, Linda, you can use your catalog (and photos) on Mac as well.

13. Tami McKinley June 1, 2017 at 10:52 am - Reply

Where is the link for the update?

• Laura Shoe June 2, 2017 at 3:18 pm - Reply

In the second paragraph.

14. Edward Levinson September 11, 2017 at 4:44 am - Reply

Thanks your MAC link worked and I got updated fro, 6.6 to 6.10! Adode Updater failed, but your link worked perfect. Thanks.