/, Lightroom Tutorials, My Announcements/Free Webinar: Lightroom Spring Cleaning – April 22

Free Webinar: Lightroom Spring Cleaning – April 22

Free Lightroom Webinar - Lightroom Spring CleaningUPDATE: This event has ended. Enter your email address below sign up for my newsletter – I’ll communicate after the event about how to access the recording.

Whether it’s spring or fall in your part of the world, it’s time to do some seasonal cleanup in Lightroom! In this webinar I’ll show you how to rearrange your folders and files, resolve question marks and missing files, eliminate duplicates, clean up and organize your keywords and collections, delete unneeded catalog backups, merge and delete catalogs, and more as time permits.

When: Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 12 pm Pacific Daylight Time (Los Angeles/Seattle) / 2 pm CDT / 3 pm EDT / 19:00 UTC / 8 pm London.

2017-07-12T17:39:21-07:00 April 13th, 2017|7 Comments

1. Karen Walker April 14, 2017 at 7:04 am - Reply

I’m away at a conference so I am looking forward to the recording of your “Spring Cleaning” workshop..

• STEVE COPEN April 20, 2017 at 9:33 am - Reply

I need to clean up LR. It’s getting slower and slower and I don’t know why.

• Laura Shoe April 20, 2017 at 2:50 pm - Reply

Try optimizing the catalog – there’s a checkup in the backup dialog. Otherwise Victoria Bampton has a whole series of articles on Lightroom performance at http://www.lightroomqueen.com.

• STEVE COPEN April 21, 2017 at 8:41 am - Reply

Laura. I use LR almost every day and I had forgotten about optimizing the catalog. It did make a difference. How often should I do this, as this time it took quite some time to finish. I can’t remember the last time I optimized so it must have been last year some time. Thanks, SC loyal follower.

• Laura Shoe April 21, 2017 at 10:04 am

Optimize any time you notice LR slow down, Steve.

2. David April 20, 2017 at 12:07 pm - Reply

I have had problems with images (especially older ones) showing this message:

“(File) could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?”

I have always known I need to move files from WITHIN LR. But this still happens.

Kind regards,

David

• Laura Shoe April 20, 2017 at 2:51 pm - Reply

Unless they are on an external hard drive that isn’t plugged in, then they have been moved, renamed or deleted outside LR. Do use the Find Missing Folder / Locate process.