/, Photoshop and Camera Raw/Swapping Eyes & Heads Using Lightroom and Photoshop

Swapping Eyes & Heads Using Lightroom and Photoshop

In this Lightroom and Photoshop video tutorial, I demonstrate how to copy eyes, faces or heads (or anything) from one photo into another and transform them to fit.   This sweet cat of mine died a couple weeks ago, and I wanted to make a print of this image.  However, the eyes were out of focus — but fortunately I had another version that had in-focus eyes that I could borrow from.

I don’t post much on Photoshop, because these days I don’t use it nearly as much as I do Lightroom. However, compositing is one example of where I still rely on it.  Compositing in Photoshop can be a complicated process.  This is a relatively easy example.  For those who are new to Photoshop, it may still not provide enough detail for you — but it will give you an idea of what can be done.

You will see that Lightroom is used to do initial raw adjustments to both photos at once, and to bring the two photos into Photoshop as layers in one document.

Click here to watch the video.

2017-07-09T12:23:46+00:00 September 7th, 2011|10 Comments

1. Ziggy February 12, 2013 at 8:35 am - Reply

Fantastic tutorial. I’ve been afraid of using my photoshop for almost 3 years – sticking to lightroom and ignoring blinked eyes etc. No longer thanks to you!

• Laura Shoe March 24, 2013 at 1:00 pm - Reply

Thanks, Ziggy, I’m glad you enjoyed it!

2. Gary June 21, 2013 at 11:04 am - Reply

Hi Laura,

I recently discovered your site and am addicted to your wonderful tutorials! I’ll be buying the disk as soon as I decide whether or not to upgrade to LR5.

Quick question: will the “Swapping Eyes & Heads” workflow you describe work in PSE11?

Gary

• Laura Shoe June 23, 2013 at 10:03 am - Reply

Hi Gary, I assume this can be done with Elements, but I don’t have enough experience with it at this point (though this is on my to-do list!)

3. Allison September 10, 2013 at 9:37 am - Reply

Excellent tuturial. Thankyou so much.

4. Britton Swingler May 16, 2016 at 6:21 am - Reply

Thank you Laura. This is just what I needed. 🙂

5. Jenny December 11, 2016 at 8:20 am - Reply

This was VERY helpful. Thank you! I look forward to watching your other tutorials. You really are excellent at describing the processes involved.

• Laura Shoe December 13, 2016 at 6:11 pm - Reply

You’re welcome, Jenny!

6. Antoinette February 2, 2017 at 5:15 am - Reply

This saved my bacon thank you

• Laura Shoe February 6, 2017 at 3:03 pm - Reply