Welcome to my Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC resource page covering all the Lightroom news that was announced at Adobe’s MAX conference on October 18, 2017. There is a ton of big news :
- Lightroom as we knew it has been renamed “Lightroom Classic“.
- There is a brand new cloud-based “Lightroom CC” application that is tightly integrated into a larger “Lightroom CC ecosystem”, consisting of Lightroom CC desktop, Lightroom CC iOS and Lightroom CC Android for mobile devices, and Lightroom CC web. (Mobile and web applications are not brand new – they are the ones that we have been using for quite some time.)
- Version 7.0 of Lightroom Classic has been released as a subscription only, with performance improvements and a few new features.
- The perpetual / stand-alone Lightroom 6 product will continue to be sold and will get 1-2 small final updates in the next few months with support for new cameras, new lens profiles and bug fixes.
- New features have been added to Lightroom mobile for iOS and Android, including keywording and collection sets (called “folders” in the Lightroom CC world) – but these will not sync back to Lightroom Classic, just to the new cloud-based Lightroom CC.
- New features have been added to Lightroom Web, including an artificial intelligence-driven “Best Photos” feature.
The following links to articles and videos will take you through all the news. I recommend starting with the summary to get the lay of the land. Do chime in in the Comments section of any and all posts with your thoughts – but do keep it civil, please!