/, What's New in Lightroom X.X/Learn What’s New in Lightroom 6.9 and CC 2015.9

Learn What’s New in Lightroom 6.9 and CC 2015.9

What's New in Lightroom 6.9 / CC 2015.9Lightroom 6.9 and CC 2015.9 were released today with support for new cameras, new lens profiles, bug fixes, and improved error messages for syncing to Lightroom mobile (CC only). There are otherwise no new features in these free updates to 6 and CC.

If Lightroom doesn’t prompt you to update, go to Help>Updates, or click on the Update button on the Apps tab of your Creative Cloud app, or download the update file from one of these links and then double-click on the file to run the installation wizard:  Mac Windows .

Lightroom Mobile Sync Error Information (CC Only)

The Sync Activity section on the Lightroom mobile tab of Preferences now gives information on why images have failed to sync. Clicking on any image in the list will select that image in the Library module. To access Preferences, go to Lightroom (Mac) or Edit (PC) > Preferences. At the bottom of the Lightroom mobile tab, if there is a sideways triangle to the left of “Sync Activity”, click on it to expand the section.

Lightroom mobile sync error messages

Lightroom mobile sync error messaging

New Camera Support

Lightroom can now import raw files (and JPEGs) from the following new cameras:

•   Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II
  •   Casio EX-ZR3200
  •   Fujifilm GFX 50S
  •   Fujifilm X100F
  •   Fujifilm X-A10
  •   Fujifilm X-T20
  •   Leica M10
  •   Olympus E-M1 Mark II
  •   Panasonic DC-FZ80 (DC-FZ82, DC-FZ85)
  •   Panasonic DC-GF9 (DC-GX850, DC-GX800)
  •   Panasonic DC-GH5
  •   Panasonic DMC-TZ82
  •   Phase One IQ3 100MP
New Lens Profiles

• Apple
    • Moment Macro Lens for iPhone 7 (DNG + JPEG)
    • Moment Macro Lens for iPhone 7 Plus (DNG + JPEG)
    • Moment Superfish Lens for iPhone 7 (DNG + JPEG)
    • Moment Superfish Lens for iPhone 7 Plus (DNG + JPEG)
    • Moment Tele Lens for iPhone 7 (DNG + JPEG)
    • Moment Tele Lens for iPhone 7 Plus (DNG + JPEG)
    • Moment Wide Lens for iPhone 7 (DNG + JPEG)
    • Moment Wide Lens for iPhone 7 Plus (DNG + JPEG)
  • Canon EF
    • Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
    • Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
    • Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM
    • TAMRON 1024mm F/3.54.5 Di II VC HLD B023E
    • TAMRON SP 70200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 A025E
    • TAMRON SP 70200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 A025E +1.4x III
    • TAMRON SP 70200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 A025E +2x III
  • Canon EF-M
    • Canon EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM
    • Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 MACRO IS STM
    • TAMRON 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD B023E
  • DJI
    • DJI Mavic Pro FC220 (DNG + JPEG)
  • Fujifilm X
    • Voigtlander ULTRA WIDE-HELIAR 12mm F5.6 III
    • Zeiss Loxia 2.4/85
Bugs Fixed

Deleting Photos

Import

Catalog Backup

• Unable to back up catalog (if using two-byte characters in folder path)
  • Catalog exceeds 4 GB warning appearing for catalogs that are smaller than this.
  • Lightroom doesn’t start after creating new catalog.

Miscellaneous Library / Export

Develop

• Upright error where the “Update” button was incorrectly enabled when Upright unable to find a correction
  • Lens Profile auto matching not working for Zeiss Batis 85mm lenses
  • Cursor movements on point curves erratic

Miscellaneous

Bug Not Yet Fixed – Side Panels Go Black

There was a bug in 6.8 / CC 2015.8 on Mac Sierra that for some users caused the side panels to turn black intermittently. This bug has not yet been fixed. You can resolve this by hiding and then showing the Lightroom application, switching from Library (G) to Develop (D) and back, or restarting Lightroom. If, however, you experienced this, found it intolerable and reverted back to 6.7 / CC 2015.7 – and if this helped – then  you may want to wait for Lightroom 6.10 / CC 2015.10 before updating. (This said, I have since been told by Adobe that they can reproduce this issue in 6.7 and earlier versions of Lightroom as well, so there’s no guarantee that reverting would help.) If you had no issues with this in 6.8 / CC 2015.8, I wouldn’t expect you to in this new update either.

2017-06-28T17:44:03-07:00 March 7th, 2017|25 Comments

1. Veronica Rusnak March 7, 2017 at 10:30 am - Reply

Ah, those side panels going black? I thought it was just that I had an older Mac with not as much memory when I upgraded to Sierra. I installed more ram; that helped with a lot of things but not this. Commenting here so if there’s an update, I’ll know.

• Michael Egbert March 7, 2017 at 8:46 pm - Reply

Me as well!

• Chris Smith March 10, 2017 at 12:34 pm - Reply

Me too, so annoying as all I can do is restart LR. Sometimes when I close LR down a skeleton surround of LR appears on the screen before disappearing. I have close down LR about 6 times a day, if not more….I am really looking forward to having this bug fixed! …everything else on my computer is up to date.

2. Isobelle Gosling March 7, 2017 at 11:23 am - Reply

Hi Laura
    Thank you for your informative newsletters. Adobe automated the Lightroom update to v6.9 this morning [NZ time] – mine failed twice with a link to the error message but the link gave no actual message. I have Windows 10. Others may experience this but nothing yet on the customer service page. Cheers Isobelle

• Laura Shoe March 7, 2017 at 1:15 pm - Reply

You’re welcome, Isobelle. I’d suggest trying again later. Here’s the problems page to monitor (or report the issue if it persists.)

3. Doug March 7, 2017 at 12:02 pm - Reply

First on the draw as always. Thanks

BTW the file update links in the second paragraph aren’t links. Thanks

• Laura Shoe March 7, 2017 at 12:43 pm - Reply

You’re welcome, Doug, and thank you for the heads up on the links – I had forgotten to look for these – stay tuned.

• Doug March 7, 2017 at 2:13 pm - Reply

Thanks for the links. Since Adobe denies that I have issues (one 2 computers at different locations) with LR not connecting to their server (not CC) I have to depend on update file links to keep everything current.

Regards

4. Bengt Ögren March 7, 2017 at 2:21 pm - Reply

I haven’t updated to 6.9 yet but a friend of mine reported that
    the “Visualize spots” checkbox has gone missing!
    Anyone else having this problem?

• Laura Shoe March 7, 2017 at 8:16 pm - Reply

I’m not, but you can toggle it on/off with the shortcut A.

• Bengt Ögren March 8, 2017 at 1:11 am - Reply

User error. I told her yesterday that maybe the toolbar was turned off.
        She did turn it on, but in the Library module, not realizing that the T-toggle is not
        global but on a module by module basis.
        You can never be too specific when explaning things … 😉

5. Clare Colins March 7, 2017 at 3:03 pm - Reply

Thank you Laura. You are a gem!

Sometimes, well too often really, when I delete images in Lightroom, from drive, I get an error message and have to re-start LR.
    I’m wondering is this because the or catalogue is on an external drive.
    Will the update help in any way do you Think?
    Cheers,
    Clare

• Chris Smith March 10, 2017 at 12:41 pm - Reply

I would just like to thank you Laura for keeping us up to date

• Laura Shoe March 10, 2017 at 2:38 pm - Reply

You’re welcome, Chris!

• Katalin Hollay March 16, 2017 at 1:57 pm - Reply

Lightroom also started to error and quit every time I deleted an image. Out of curiosity to see what would happen, I created a sub-folder naming it All Deletions, dragging all my images I wish to trash into it. When done editing, I just highlight them, select rejection and command>delete. It worked like a charm. No more error and LR quitting. Try it!

• Laura Shoe March 18, 2017 at 4:10 pm - Reply

I’m glad you thought of a workaround, Katalin. This issue should be fixed with 6.9 though.

6. Art March 10, 2017 at 3:04 pm - Reply

Ok, it has been a few days. Do you recommend downloading 2015.9? Are there any new bugs? Any serious bugs? Thanks very much!
    Art

7. Anne DePietri March 18, 2017 at 2:21 pm - Reply

Greetings everyone,

I recently updated my LR and now new photos imported from camera will not sync with my mobile devices. Anyone have suggestions?

When I select one of the photos, go to Edit then Preferences, it says there are 3 that have an error, but do not state what the error is, and one that is pending.

8. Harry Flynn April 11, 2017 at 12:16 pm - Reply

My computer was wiped during repair last week. So, I finally got Lightroom 6.0 downloaded from the Adobe site using my serial number from a CD that has been misplaced. It is very frustrating trying to get live help from Adobe.

Now I want to download the update 6.9 but I can not get it to download on my computer. I assume that this version has all the other updates included???

Is there an easy solution. The help tab has an update which then says hit import. I am not getting any import from their sight, only from my computer.

• Laura Shoe April 11, 2017 at 8:40 pm - Reply

I would suggest downloading the 6.10 update, Harry. You’ll find a link for a Windows download in the first paragraph of my blog post. This will take you from 6.0 to 6.10.

9. Janice Edens June 21, 2017 at 10:11 am - Reply

I’m still using El Capitan and having the side panels go black for no reason.

• Laura Shoe June 28, 2017 at 3:43 pm - Reply

If updating to Lightroom 6.10 or CC 2015.10 doesn’t help, Janice, then I think you’re out of luck – you can switch from G to D to G again (grid to Develop and back), or restart Lightroom. Post on the Adobe Lightroom forum to see if they have any other suggestions for you.

10. Tiberman Sajiwan Ramyead August 18, 2017 at 12:04 pm - Reply

Laura – Congrats for the new website. Nice and crisp.
    Btw I am still learning from your videos. They are simple and down to earth, as usual.
    Warm regards from Mauritius.
    Tiberman Sajiwan Ramyead.

• Laura Shoe August 20, 2017 at 1:09 pm - Reply

Thank you, Tiberman! Great to hear from you – I had been thinking of you, wondering how you were since I hadn’t heard from you in quite a while – I hope you are well. You’re my favorite Mauritian, after all!