///Lightroom Mobile 1.3 Available for iPhone and iPad

Lightroom Mobile 1.3 Available for iPhone and iPad

Lightroom Mobile 1.3 Segmentation View
Adobe has released Lightroom Mobile 1.3 for iPhone and iPad. This update includes the following new features:

• Edit images faster by copying image adjustments and pasting them onto another photo.
  • New Segmented view in Collections gives you a different way to view and engage with your photos.
  • Presentation mode: Allows you to pass your device around to others so that they can view your photos, without worrying about your flags, ratings and adjustments being accidentally changed.

This free update Lightroom Mobile is available from the iOS app store. (Use of Lightroom Mobile requires a Creative Cloud subscription.)

Copying and Pasting Adjustments:

Adjust your first photo. Then tap and hold your finger down to bring up the option to Copy Settings, and then in the next dialog that opens, choose which settings you want to copy:

Lightroom mobile copy adjustment settings

Select another photo. Tap and hold to bring up the option to Paste Settings.

Segmented View:

This allows you to view photos in a collection segmented by year, month, day, or hour. Open a collection of photos into grid view. Tap on the collection name, then choose Segmented. Tap somewhere outside the dialog to close it. This will segment your photos by year.

Lightroom Mobile Segmented View

To change from segmentation by year to segmentation by month, day or hour, tap and hold on the year, and choose another option:

Lightroom Mobile Segmentation Options

Presentation Mode:

In Collections view, tap on the three dots […] in the bottom right of the collection you wish to present. Choose Present.

Lightroom Mobile Presentation View

This will lock access to flags, stars and adjustments so that they can’t be changed as your viewer browses the photos.

If you are in Loupe view and want to switch to presentation mode, click on the Share icon and choose Present from Here:

Lightroom Mobile Presentation Mode 2

2017-06-28T18:24:57+00:00 February 6th, 2015|12 Comments

1. Gary February 8, 2015 at 11:32 pm - Reply

I’m loving the new segmented view but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to collapse one once I’ve expanded it.

I click the +200 or something in the last photo of a segment and it expands to show the rest of the pictures. The – sign disappears after a few seconds and my view is stuck like this. Am I missing something??

• Laura Shoe February 11, 2015 at 1:23 pm - Reply

You should be able to click on Flat, right next to the Segmented option, once you click on the name of your collection, Gary.

• Steve Hall April 25, 2015 at 9:55 am - Reply

But when you go back to year segmentation, the year is still expanded. There is no way to close a year once it’s expanded

• matti April 25, 2015 at 7:44 pm - Reply

Is there a way to stay in segmented view but collapse a given segment? When one first changes to segmented view, if a segment is more than ~2 lines, it shows +x photos. If I expand this, I cannot figure how to collapse it back down to its original 2 lines.

Example, I have segmented by month, and April has 50 photos. April is concatenated to two lines, I press the +40 photos area and it expands the segment to show me all 50 photos. I now want to collapse that back to show just the two rows for the month.

I have tried tapping, double tapping swiping in various parts of the segment without luck.

Regards,
        Matti

• William April 26, 2015 at 9:42 am - Reply

That’s not what he’s talking about. Lets say there’s 100 photo’s in a segment. Initially there will be two rows shown and a square at the end that says +80 or something. Clicking on that will expand that segment to show all 100 pictures, but how the heck to you collapse it again back to two rows with the + button?

• Gary April 26, 2015 at 5:47 pm - Reply

Thank you for your advice, Laura but that wasn’t really what I had in mind. What I want to do is remain in segmented view, but revert each segment to the “summarized view”. The one where it shows maybe there first 10 pictures with the rest hidden behind a number like +100.

• Riaan October 5, 2015 at 5:34 am - Reply

I think I found the answer. Use your fingers to pinch the view to collapse the expanded segmented view. You can also expand the segmented view with your fingers without clicking on the + button

• Gary March 22, 2016 at 6:43 pm

Finally a solution! Thank you so much.

2. Mark February 11, 2015 at 11:36 am - Reply

I’m curious if anyone is using this in a professional workflow. It seems like it could be super useful as a help with culling and initial edits, especially when clients need input, like a commercial shoot.

What hits me as a stumbling block on this is that it requires a regular input into Lr proper first. Am I wrong?

Does anyone use this thing for something other then personal use?

• Laura Shoe February 11, 2015 at 1:22 pm - Reply

Indeed, Mark. The only photos you can import directly into Lightroom mobile are those in your device camera roll.

3. Elise February 16, 2015 at 3:08 pm - Reply

Following Mark’s comment – what happens if you import photos from your camera’s memory card into the IPad using Apple’s device for that? Can you then create a collection and work on those photos in LR mobile? And, when you get home from your trip and want to put the images in your computer can you import the same images from the same memory card into the computer, create a collection and sync that collection with the work you have done on the same collection on your IPad? A related question – when photos sync from your IPhone to your computer are they full res? And if you let your subscription lapse, are they still on your computer or are they deleted?
    thanks, Elise

• Laura Shoe April 15, 2015 at 2:39 pm - Reply

Sorry for the delay, Elise. You can’t work with raw files in Lightroom Mobile. Victoria Bampton’s e-book on Lightroom mobile does have some sort of work around.

When photos sync from your iPhone to your computer, they are indeed full resolution.

No photos get deleted when you let your subscription lapse.