Lightroom mobile 2.6 for iOS and 2.2.2 for Android were released today. The Android release includes bug fixes and support for new cameras and lenses. Here’s what’s new for iOS:
iPhone and iPad:
- A new Pro camera mode with exposure compensation, shutter speed (Sec), ISO and focus ([+]) settings.
- The camera can now be triggered with the phone Volume button.
- All the new cameras and new lens profiles added to Lightroom 6.8 today are now supported / available in Lightroom mobile.
There has been a substantial amount of reorganization of features. New in 2.6 is the ability to add titles and captions!
- Panels available: Edit, Info, Rate and Review, Activity
- On the new Info panel, view metadata and type in titles, captions and copyright. (Note that in preferences you can add your copyright to all photos as they import.) Use Siri to save time! As with all Lightroom mobile work, these fields sync over to Lightroom on your desktop computer.
- Assigning of stars and flags has moved to the new Rate and Review panel. (To remove all stars, swipe to the left over the stars.)
- Editing features have been reorganized into new categories with a new look.
Get Lightroom mobile and this update for free in the Apple App store. Raw editing, local adjustments and syncing of photos to and from Lightroom on the desktop require a Creative Cloud subscription.