The Lightroom team has announced the availability of the official release for Lightroom 5.3. This free update to Lightroom 5 contains bug fixes, new camera support, new lens profiles and a few new Develop shortcuts. When you open Lightroom, you should be prompted to update — download the file and double-click on it to run it. If you aren’t prompted to update, go to Help > Check for Updates. To verify that you have indeed installed the update, in the menu bar go to Help. The last option should say “About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3″.
If you use Photoshop CC, be sure to update to Adobe Camera Raw 8.3 as well.
Lightroom 5.3 Develop Module Tweaks:
To maintain parity with Adobe Camera Raw 8.3, which was also released tonight, there are a few new Develop shortcuts:
For those of you who use Auto White Balance, which analyzes your image data to determine a “best guess” white balance value, the following new shortcuts will come in handy:
- Shift+double-clicking on the Temp or Tint slider label sets each to its Auto White Balance value.
- Shift+double-clicking on the White Balance label sets the Temp and Tint sliders to their Auto White Balance settings and the WB menu to “Auto”. (This is different from the existing behavior of Opt/Alt-clicking or double-clicking on the WB label, which resets the Temp and Tint sliders to their “As Shot” values, and the WB menu to “As Shot”.)
Similarly, if you want Lightroom to set Whites and Blacks automatically to maximize the range of tones from white to black, the following shortcut will be useful. (I still recommend setting Whites and Blacks last, as per this article.)
- Shift+double-clicking to set the auto values for the Whites and Blacks sliders will now take into account current non-default settings, as well as other factors such as the current crop.
Lightroom 5.3 New Camera Support:
Canon EOS M2, Canon PowerShot S120, Casio EX-10, Fujifilm XQ1, Fujifilm X-E2, Nikon 1 AW1, Nikon Coolpix P7800, Nikon Df, Nikon D610, Nikon D5300, Nokia Lumia 1020, Olympus OM-D E-M1, Olympus STYLUS 1, Panasonic DMC-GM1, Pentax K-3, Phase One IQ260, Phase One IQ280, Sony A7 (ILCE-7), Sony A7R (ILCE-7R), Sony DSC-RX10. (* Denotes preliminary support)
Thank you, Adobe, for the Olympus OM-D Em-1 support, as I just bought one!
Newly added support for Tethered Capture in Lightroom 5.3
Canon EOS Rebel T4i / EOS 650D / EOS Kiss X6i
Lightroom 5.3 RC Bug Fixes (list provided by Adobe):
- Issues when upgrading catalog from previous versions of Lightroom.
- Incorrect photos are displayed after switching away from a Publish Collection.
- Catalog optimization did not finish, and was not optimizing the catalog
- Feather of clone spots is set to 0 after upgrading catalog to Lightroom 5.
- Auto White Balance settings are not saved to Snapshots.
- Sony 18-55mm lens is detected as the Hasselblad 18-55mm lens for lens correction.
- Increased Update Spot Removal history steps when in Before and After view.
- Slideshows start playing automatically even when the Manual Slideshow option is enabled.
- On certain images, red eye removal behaved incorrectly
- Incorrect White Balance settings applied when synching Auto WB from source to targets
- Video playback stops when dragging on the scrubber.
- Errors when publishing photos to Flickr through the Publish Service.
- Option + drag on Edit Pin behavior is functioning incorrectly.
- Black border appears around the exported slideshow video.
- Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.
- Pressing the “Reset” button while holding down the Shift key caused Lightroom to exit abruptly.
- Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction were not applied to exported images that were resized to less than 1/3 of the original image size.
- The Esc key did not exit the slideshow after right clicking screen with mouse during slideshow playing.
- Import dialog remained blank for folders that contain PNG files with XMP sidecars.
- Metadata panel displayed incorrect information after modifying published photo. Please note that this only occurred when metadata was changed after the photo was published.
- In the metadata of exported files, the application is listed as 5.0 instead of the actual Lightroom version (such as 5.2, etc.).
- An Error Occurs When Playing a slideshow having an image Flipped Horizontally or Vertically.
- Added Camera Matching color profiles (Natural, Muted, Portrait, Vivid) for the following
Olympus cameras: E-5, E-M1, E-M5, E-P1, E-P2, E-P3, E-P5, E-PL1, E-PL1s, E-PL2, E-PL3, E-PL5, E-PL6, E-PM1, E-PM2, STYLUS 1, XZ-1, XZ-2, XZ-10
Lightroom 5.3 New Lens Profiles (Mount – Lens):
- Apple – Apple iPhone 5s
- Canon – Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- Canon – Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- Canon – TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD A011E
- DJI – Phantom Vision FC200
- Nikon – Nikon 1 NIKKOR AW 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6
- Nikon – Nikon 1 NIKKOR AW 10mm f/2.8
- Nikon – Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G
- Nikon – Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
- Nikon, Sigma – Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013
- Sony – Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM
- Sony – Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM
- Sony – Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G SSM II
- Sony – Sony E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
- Sony – Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
- Sony -Sony E 20mm F2.8
- Sony – Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
- Sony – Sony FE 35mm F2.8 ZA
- Sony – Sony FE 55mm F1.8 ZA