Getting Started with Lightroom(and Solving Common Lightroom Issues)Below is a list of Lightroom articles or tutorials that I recommend that beginners start with — first to decide whether to go with Lightroom, and then once you get started, to understand the unique way in which Lightroom works with a catalog, so that potential misunderstandings don’t lead to serious problems and regrets. Finally there are some posts listed that go into the subtleties of how to do some basic tasks, that can otherwise be frustrating.
Where to Start:
- Should I Learn Lightroom, Photoshop or Both?
- About Your Images and the Lightroom Catalog
- Videos: Importing Photos and Videos into Lightroom
- Video: Organizing and Managing Your Photos and Videos (A Must See to Avoid Major Headaches!)
- Video: Overview of Developing an Image in Lightroom 4 and Lightroom 5
- Video: Basics of Developing an Image in Lightroom 4 and 5 (Basic Panel)
- I Would Cry If I Lost the Work I Did Today: How to Back Up Your Lightroom Photo Library
- Why Do I Have Question Marks on My Folders and Exclamation Marks on My Images?
- Avoiding Lightroom Generated Headaches and Heart Attacks
- How to Select Images in Lightroom (It’s more subtle than you may think, and misunderstandings can lead to trouble!)
- I Can’t Figure Out Where Lightroom Has Put My Photos — Seeing Your Folders in Lightroom
- Using Lightroom’s Folders Panel to Rearrange Photos and Folders
- Why can’t I Rearrange My Photos in Lightroom?
- Why Do I See My Images Change as Lightroom Imports Them? (Not important for beginners to read if you don’t see this or aren’t concerned about it.)
Sign up for my mailing list to receive free PDF’s of my favorite Lightroom shortcuts and for access to more free video tutorials:[sc:signup_notext]