Customer Reviews and Testimonials
Laura Shoe’s Lightroom course has allowed me to finally understand what Lightroom is and what I can do with it. I have paid hundreds of dollars for Lightroom lessons in person and on the internet, but I screwed up constantly. But by following all the easy steps in Laura Shoe’s course I see myself now as a Lightroom pro! She is clear, calm, easy to understand, exact, precise and friendly. What more do you want?! Hurry, she is the best Lightroom coach you’ll ever need!“After many years of trial and error teaching myself Lightroom, I have finally found a teacher that I can understand! Laura is the best. I was so frustrated with purchasing books and paying for classes that used ‘lingo’ I didn’t understand. After watching her tutorials, I feel comfortable and am using Lightroom exclusively for my personal and business photos like a pro! (almost!)”
– Marijke Rawie (Documentary Consultant, Amsterdam Netherlands)I have many, many books on Lightroom — too many to read them all. However, I have found that Laura’s videos are far easier to comprehend and the quality of the videos is unequaled. She is definitely a cut above.
– Richard DunneI found Laura’s videos on Lightroom 5 to be the best way to learn how to use it. The series contains a wealth of information on all the tools in the program. Being a video-based learning series, I was able to pause when I wanted to try what Laura was teaching. Laura is a fantastic teacher who clearly explains the process of the actions being used. I highly recommend Laura’s videos to any one wanting to learn Lightroom the best and easiest way possible.
– Joe (seascape photographer, Australia)I just wanted you to know how much I have enjoyed your Lightroom video series. The tutorials are clear and concise, but cover all relevant aspects of the Lightroom features. In fact, I make it a habit to sit down once every couple of weeks and give myself a short “refresher” on some aspect (usually of the Develop module). There is so much functionality that I find I’m always rediscovering something about the program when I revisit a video. Thanks so much.
– Michal Bagley (travel and pet photographer, Austin, Texas)What a great discovery [Laura has been], with no nonsense tutorials and very clear to understand step by step instructions. Laura has now become my first turn to instructor sharing her extensive knowledge and excellent customer support. I really thought I knew Lightroom but was really just skimming the surface. Other instructors I have tried usually just say “do this”, Laura firmly sits in the “why you should” bracket. Please support this top class instructor and you will not be sorry. In fact like myself you will be very delighted that you did.
– Graeme Broadhurst (United Kingdom, camera club member)Learning how to get the most from Lightroom is so much easier with Laura’s video workshops. Each topic is covered by a short stand alone video which can be watched on its own or as part of the series. I have both The Fundamentals & Beyond and Producing Great Output (for Lightroom 5) on my iPad. Ahead of working on some photos I watch one or more video chapters to refresh my memory. It’s great when you are on a train, etc. My knowledge and use of Lightroom is so much better now thanks to Laura’s clearly explained tutorials.
– Sandy (Cambridge, UK)I’m one of the many who moved from Aperture to Lightroom. Most of my struggles these past months have been in the Library module. I just couldn’t grasp how to organize my photo library. All the books and online tutorials kind of just glanced over this important step. At some point I found your blog and from there found and purchased your videos “The Fundamentals and Beyond” and “Producing Great Output”. My eyes were opened and the light began to shine as I watched your videos and followed your instructions on how to organize my photos. I can’t say enough about how easy, thorough and precise you are in explaining the concepts in your videos. I’ve learned so much from you in fact that recently I was asked by a long-time LR user to show her how to organize her library! Thanks for all your help. I couldn’t have done this without you!!!
– Susan PedersonI purchased your Lightroom tutorial series and have found it to be superb! Your style of instruction is easy to follow, very informative and helped me become more facile in using Lightroom. I gained a great deal of expertise and felt more at ease in editing my images after participating in this series. Thank you for aiding me in becoming a better photographer.
– Dick Weaver (Pensacola, FL; convert from black and white film and darkroom printing; photo club president)As a serious non-professional travel photographer I had been using Photoshop for 15 years when Lightroom came along. After attending classes in Lightroom where I came away confused, I bought Laura’s video course on LR. Her clear instruction taught me LR and today I use it for all my photography, only occasionally going to Photoshop. I can’t thank Laura enough and would recommend her videos highly.
– Sandra Kunz (Bend, OR)Laura is the consummate professional, at the top of the game in terms of delivering the best available Lightroom training, tutorials and tips for both the advanced and beginner. Her training course are extremely well crafted. Pace and pitch of delivery is a pleasure to experience. It is also worth mentioning Laura’s blog. As an advanced Lightroom user I return regularly to Laura’s site to find her latest tips, tricks and latest news regarding Lightroom developments.
– Matt O’BrienThe Laura Shoe video series for Lightroom has been indispensable in my development as a photographer. While I had strong photography skills in terms of capturing photos, the post-processing learning curve was steep for me. I purchased both series of Laura’s educational videos and have enjoyed her ability to explain Lightroom in a way that makes sense and is easy to follow. I am presently working on a book about the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve and the knowledge gained from Laura Shoe’s video series has contributed greatly to the success of this project. I would highly recommend this series to anyone wanting to learn more about Lightroom.
– Joe Ordonez (Rainbow Glacier Adventures; professional nature photographer, author, tour leader)I have Laura’s tutorials on Lightroom 4 and 5. They have enabled me to utilize the wonders of Lightroom. Tutorials are clear, easy to understand and tell you what you need to know. They are the best I have seen. Well worth the cost. Keep up the good work, Laura.
– Rick Currie (landscape, nature and travel photographer)Laura Shoe’s workshop has provided an immeasurable insight into Lightroom and its catalog. Her clear communication and concise instructions corrected my misconceptions and enabled me to continue cataloging over 20,000 of my collected images. Thank you, Laura.
– Glenda Scott (graphic production; Richland, WA)Without Laura Shoe, I would have given up on photography completely. I came to it late – in my 60s – and after frustrating experiences with Photoshop, I switched to Lightroom. I found that the teaching resources available didn’t work very well for me. I wish I could remember how I discovered Laura’s work, but I am enormously glad that I did. Her videos have helped me so much – the content and presentation are beyond reproach. I still go back to them often. She has even provided personal assistance. Thanks to her inspiration, photography is now an important part of my life. I can create and print images that give me great satisfaction and just occasionally pride. Laura – thank you so much!
– John Woodman (Castletown, Isle of Man)I am 67 years old, an ‘enthusiast’ photographer, and was slowly discovering Lightroom4 through trial and error until I discovered your website. THANK YOU so much!! You have saved me hours of frustration. After working through both Fundamentals & Beyond and Producing Great Output workshops on video I now feel like I know what I am doing (and why). And I love Lightroom!
– Barb Twite (Australia)Laura’s training is always clear and to the point. She seems to anticipate my questions before they even form in my mind. I highly recommend Laura’s training to beginners as well as advanced users. She knows her stuff!
– LM Greene (Computer Consultant/Photo Enthusiast, Connecticut)Your straightforward and clear videos finally opened my eyes to the value of Lightroom after I had made several previous failed attempts. Largely thanks to your instruction, I now use it for almost 90% of my photo work, and I have recommended your videos to many other people.
– Caspar Davis (Victoria, B.C.)I had been using Photoshop Elements. At first I was overwhelmed with learning how to use Lightroom because I couldn’t intuitively grasp all of its capabilities. I watched Adobe and YouTube videos but I still did not have a comprehensive understanding of this software. Then then I found Laura Shoe’s instructional videos. They gave me a solid grounding in the capability and function of Lightroom. Since then I have watched many other good tutorials by other people. But it is Laura’s set of instructional videos which I found to be the clearest and most concise – especially at that point in my learning curve. It was money very well spent to allow this teacher to guide me through the intricacies of Lightroom while I gained confidence.Thank you for a wonderful product.
– Grace Finaldi
L – Learning made easy and enjoyable
A – Anyone who can’t learn from Laura should pursue a different art form
U – You have nothing to lose and mastery of Lightroom to gain
R – Are you still reading this? Order a class already…
A – And another thing; She’s so entertaining, you don’t even need to be interested in Lightroom
S – So what’s it gonna take to get you into one of her lessons?
H – How about a money back guarantee?
O – Or the ability to ask her questions via Facebook?
E – Everyone can pick up something useful from her blog
– Gary Bakeman (Anchorage, Alaska; abstract and landscape photographer)Laura Shoe’s Lightroom tutorials are simple, clear, and comprehensive. I have made a career of teaching computer applications and Laura Shoe’s tutorials are taught by a person who knows how to teach.
– Stephen Cysewski (Professor of Computer Applications, Emeritus, University of Alaska Fairbanks)I am a retired healthcare educator who teaches digital photography. Laura is a superb instructor. I especially enjoy viewing the videos I purchased so I can refer to them while I’m working projects such as the Book module. I have An Apple desktop and a PC side by side, so I can easily refer to Laura’s material on the PC while I’m working on the Apple. I feel grateful that I know about Laura and her excellent videos. I urge you to order her products. You won’t be disappointed! With gratitude for a great instructor like Laura,
– Barbara Bourgette (North Providence, Rhode Island)I have had Lightroom for a couple of years and really had no understanding of the complexity of all the modules and was muddling away in a disorganised manner getting nowhere fast. Sure I had a couple of books on the topic but they didn’t quite get the message across to me in a way that I could understand. So I trawled Youtube for a couple of months looking at just about everyone out there and picking up a few tips on the way. I worked out that my learning style was that I had to see it done so I could mimic, experiment and then develop my skills and work flow. Then I found Laura and her tutorials. I got the Fundamentals and Beyond and have learned more than I thought was possible. Laura is a pro — she explains without ego in clear concise and easy to follow manner. She gets on with the job, edits out unnecessary fluff and gets to the point, highlighting various relevant scenarios. I recommend and endorse Laura’s packages, totally.
– Mike McPhee (Perth, Western Australia)I can not tell you how many times I go back to your [Fundamentals & Beyond] tutorials to help me fix an issue in Lightroom or to figure how a tool is used. Thank You So Much! They have saved me countless hours trying to do it on my own.
– Carla MongelluzziI have to tell you that this video exceeds all my expectations. I thought I knew a fair bit about Lightroom and wondered if I really needed to get a video on the subject. My word, how wrong could I be! The video and presentation of the subject is superb and I will unhesitatingly recommend it to anyone. Thank you for a great DVD.
– Melvin KayeLaura is a natural teacher, breaking down concepts and “how to’s” into a clear understandable presentation. Through her easy manner of speaking and carefully paced class she makes learning LR an effortless endeavor! I have taken Laura’s in person workshops, bought her videos on LR 3 and 4 as well as her CreativeLive class on Prints in LR. Thank you Laura for de-mystifying LR, your honesty and integrity!
– Luci Varon (retired classroom teacher and avid photographer)As a new user of Lightroom it was apparent that I needed some instruction on using this very powerful program. I purchased a well known authors book but found it was quite tedious to use. I read some reviews about Laura Shoe’s video series and took the plunge; and I am so glad I did. The video series is broken down into manageable lengths and gives you a very easy to learn and enjoyable way of migrating through a very powerful program that allows you to download, file, backup, organize, retouch and export your photos. You work at your own pace and review each tutorial as needed. I find this a great way way to learn a wonderful program.
– Eric ArdntLightroom is a very comprehensive program with a broad range of functionality. This means that the program can be hard to understand, learn, or use to its full capability. In my case it was somewhat overwhelming. For me, Laura Shoe’s The Fundamentals & Beyond (A Workshop on Video) was the answer. Her videos explain and demonstrate the basics, as well as the nuances of the various modules. After using the Fundamentals and Beyond videos, I also purchased her Producing Great Output videos. These video series are a must have for anyone using Lightroom.
– Gordon BaldeschwilerAs a beginner I really appreciate your tutorials on Lightroom which I purchased and downloaded not too long ago. Your explanations are crystal-clear and of outstanding didactical structure. Thank you and congratulations!
– Manuel Derron (Bern, Switzerland)I purchased Laura’s LR 4 Fundamentals & Beyond video tutorial series as well as her LR 5 New Features video series and can wholeheartedly recommend her tutorials. They are very thorough and easy to understand. I think her videos are appropriate for photographers of every skill level who want to improve their post processing knowledge.
– Donna RiceI purchased your tutorials for myself, and for my cousin in Washington state to download and view because our schedules did not permit me to answer her questions. She has gushed vociferously how much you videos have helped her to achieve the results she desires [in her work] for the magazine she edits. The tutorial also really helped me to get the most out of Lightroom. Thanks for a great product.
– Gene Stevens (Maryland)Laura Shoe not only knows Lightroom thoroughly, she is a competent and articulate instructor. Always patient and helpful. Several years ago I took my first Lightroom class with Laura and have had several refresher classes with her in the meantime. Laura also offers up worthwhile tips via her blog, which are always worth reading–I delete most people’s blog posts without reading them, but I always open Laura’s.
– Meryl Alcalbes (Seattle, WA)There are three hallmarks of a good tutorial. One is the technical skill of the presenter, the second is her ability to present the material in an intelligent and understandable way, and the third is support if you have a question or problem. Laura Shoe’s tutorials excel in all three areas! From clear presentation of valuable information, to the answering of questions and even technical support if needed, her team is extremely good. I recommend her products!
– Bob (San Francisco)If there is a better way to learn Light room, I have not found it. Laura has thought of most everything for novices and non-pros, and gives you enough confidence to use Light room as it was intended. Money well spent. Thanks Laura!
– Paul HerdMoney well spent! I’ve watched and purchased 100’s of instructional books and videos and Laura Shoe’s is easily my favourite. With a natural flair for teaching plus years of experience, she delivers the ‘know how’ in a structured way that builds on skills. She doesn’t drag the viewer through every menu tab (like Lynda.com). She works on short projects to demonstrate, clearly, at a nice pace, how to actually use the program. Audio is professional. Same for personality – friendly, helpful and efficient.
– Patti N.I purchased your Lightroom 5 training video series. I used it, and used it, and used it to learn everything I know about Lightroom. The course is wonderful. You have designed the course from beginning to end the way to use Lightroom, starting with the intro, the desktop, importing, mapping, editing and some output. I am so happy I came upon your name and would probably still be poking at Lightroom if was not for you. Even the design of the titles was great for looking back for review. Thank you.
– Richard Venneman (volunteer, U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, Bonneville Lock and Dam)I have been using Lightroom since version 1 was released. I have purchased at least 5 books over the past few years on how to use Lightroom. I am fairly proficient at it. After purchasing Lightroom 5, I found some of Laura’s short tutorials after a Google search. I was impressed with her presentations and purchased her video series when it became available. Her course is divided into 61 topics of 6-12 minutes each. These are easily digestible topics. Laura is a fantastic teacher. She is clear and concise. Her videos are full of excellent information with no wasted verbiage. The Lightroom 5 desktop is in view throughout the video. Although the tutorial is geared to the novice Lightroom, it has enough additional detail to challenge the intermediate user. I have come away with lots of useful tips that I did not glean from my books. I can find nothing to criticize in this series. I recommend it wholeheartedly!
– James Lesser (Amazon review)Just what the Doctor ordered when learning the ins and outs of the latest version of Adobe’s Lightroom. Laura Shoe’s instructions are clear and complete. Many comments help the user to avoid the little traps that sometimes catch the novice user resulting in wasted time and effort. Highly recommended!
– Jeffrey Vale (Amazon review)I always tried to learn new software (LR, CS4, CS5, etc.) by reading books. Since I have bought Lightroom 5: The Fundamentals & Beyond, I have now given up reading all books. Your videos have given me the best and clearest way to learn, and more in depth knowledge in Lightroom than other similar tutorial videos. I practice my own work side by side with two monitors, with your video playing on one of the them. A great way to learn and fast! I also put your videoso n my iPad so that I can train myself when traveling. I thank you once again. I just love it.
– Robert Yan (China)The Lightroom 5: The Fundamentals & Beyond DVD arrived promptly today. Here I am, like an excited schoolboy, with my 15-months grandson giggling along with me! YOUR EXPLANATIONS ARE CLEAR AND SIMPLE. As a struggling writer, I know how painful it is to achieve such elegant simplicity.
– Tiberman Ramyead (Mauritius)
Really great videos by Laura Shoe I find Laura Shoe’s videos to be of the HIGHEST quality. She leaves nothing out – yet is very understandable. She has that rare ability to make complex subjects understandable to the rest of us. Most recently I completed her Lightroom “Producing Great Output” series of videos. The Book Module videos are a piece of the larger set. The book module videos are 14 in number and each deal with a specific part of the book-making project. Very detailed – yet very understandable and clear. I highly recommend Laura Shoe’s videos.
– Ronald MacKenzie (Amazon review)Laura Shoe is great. Laura definitely knows her stuff when it comes to Photoshop & Lightroom products. I would buy any book with her name on it.
– PhotoFXusa (Amazon review)Highly recommended Lightroom 4 DVD Laura Shoe’s Lightroom 4 Producing Great Output DVD is excellent. Whether you are a Lightroom novice or an experienced user, it’s all here — everything you’ll need to make your Lightroom 4 experience a positive one. She’s covered each output module in depth and has anticipated all my questions. Video format is the way I learn best. I can re-watch the tricky bits until I have a full understanding. It has taken me a long time to make the switch from using Photoshop exclusively to incorporating Lightroom into my workflow. I only wish I had found out about Laura and her Lightroom DVDs sooner.
– Linda Kamholz (Amazon review)Fantastic resource Each topic in this [Producing Great Output] DVD is detailed, specific, and clear. The pace is perfect for me, and it’s easy to jump to or return to particular chapters. I was delighted with Laura’s The Fundamentals and Beyond, and this new DVD is equally excellent. I’ve used various books and online training, and I have to say nothing compares to these DVDs. You can’t go wrong!
– William K. Doak (Amazon review)Laura Shoe opens up a whole new LR4 world! Laura Shoe’s Lightroom 4 tutorials are excellent, practical and fun. You can try out basic Lightroom functions on your own, but the Laura Shoe tutorials are a superb guide to maximizing your Lightroom4 experience–she opens up a whole new photographic world. Well worth the cost.
– D. W. Marston (Amazon review)Fantastic resource Elegantly produced and clearly presented, this series of [Producing Great Output] videos is an invaluable resource. Laura Shoe’s a wonderful teacher, and all skill levels will benefit from her training. I’m a fine art printer and an Adobe ACE certified expert in Photoshop Lightroom, but I still picked up some great tips and techniques. I highly recommend it!
– Erin Patricia Quigley (Amazon review)
– Rivka F.“Thank you for the videos for Lightroom 4. I always thought I was not a visual learner but your style and presentation has proved me wrong. Wish I had found you sooner – my library would be a lot easier to work with!”
– Gerry Y.“I’m a Brazilian engineer and amateur photographer. I bought your DVD and I’m liking it very much. I saw tutorials on Lynda.com and Kelbytraining.com. They are both very good. But yours is the BEST. I’d like to thank you for your wonderful work, that is so useful to me.”
– Ricardo M.“I can very readily confirm that all good reports I had read before purchasing Lightroom 4 Fundamentals & Beyond are utterly correct and wish to add that Laura, bless her, is not only a joy to listen to but so professional ! By that I mean she has a distinct, unequivocally clear voice and she delivers information so explicitly and comprehensively. Obviously, she has put in a lot of preparation with this package. Very commendable and worth the money. Thank you Laura, great job !!”
– Tim S.“I just wanted to take a second to tell you how impressed I am with your Lightroom 4 video tutorial series, The Fundamentals & Beyond. I’m often disappointed with instructional material I purchase. But your course really works. It moves at a comfortable, easy to follow pace. You’ve presented the material in the way my mind learns new things. You use an extremely practical breakout of the material. Exactly in the order I need to learn it as I began using Lightroom. Your pace of presentation is so perfect that I now keep Lightroom open while watching your videos. When you show a setting I need to apply to my Lightroom program, I pause your video and toggle back into my Lightroom program with one keystroke. I make your recommended changes (99% of which I agree with) or try out the new technique you just shared, then toggle back out of Lightroom. I hit the play key on your video . . . and I’ve just mastered a new technique (with your help of course). And finally . . . the price . . . a fraction of what other instructional videos charge. But yours really works! Thanks so much. I wish everyone using Lightroom knew about your tutorial.”
– Jimmy J.