Customer Reviews and Testimonials
The Fundamentals & Beyond
Lightroom 5 is my first experience with Adobe Lightroom, and The Fundamentals & Beyond as been my method of learning. Each lesson is clear, concise, and delivered by the presenter that is easily followed. The ability to pause a lesson and mimic the procedure has enabled me to progress at my own pace without being overwhelmed at any time. I whole heartedly endorse this set of videos to anyone new to Lightroom and I also see many tutorials covering the new aspects of Lightroom 5 that would undoubtedly benefit more experienced users.
– Arjay (Amazon review)I have been using Lightroom since version 1 was released. I have purchased at least 5 books over the past few years on how to use Lightroom. I am fairly proficient at it. After purchasing Lightroom 5, I found some of Laura’s short tutorials after a Google search. I was impressed with her presentations and purchased her video series when it became available. Her course is divided into 61 topics of 6-12 minutes each. These are easily digestible topics. Laura is a fantastic teacher. She is clear and concise. Her videos are full of excellent information with no wasted verbiage. The Lightroom 5 desktop is in view throughout the video. Although the tutorial is geared to the novice Lightroom, it has enough additional detail to challenge the intermediate user. I have come away with lots of useful tips that I did not glean from my books. I can find nothing to criticize in this series. I recommend it wholeheartedly!
– James Lesser (Amazon review)Just what the Doctor ordered when learning the ins and outs of the latest version of Adobe’s Lightroom. Laura Shoe’s instructions are clear and complete. Many comments help the user to avoid the little traps that sometimes catch the novice user resulting in wasted time and effort. Highly recommended!
– Jeffrey Vale (Amazon review)I always tried to learn new software (LR, CS4, CS5, etc.) by reading books. Since I have bought Lightroom 5: The Fundamentals & Beyond, I have now given up reading all books. Your videos have given me the best and clearest way to learn, and more in depth knowledge in Lightroom than other similar tutorial videos. I practice my own work side by side with two monitors, with your video playing on one of the them. A great way to learn and fast! I also put your videoso n my iPad so that I can train myself when traveling. I thank you once again. I just love it.
– Robert Yan (China)The Lightroom 5: The Fundamentals & Beyond DVD arrived promptly today. Here I am, like an excited schoolboy, with my 15-months grandson giggling along with me! YOUR EXPLANATIONS ARE CLEAR AND SIMPLE. As a struggling writer, I know how painful it is to achieve such elegant simplicity.
– Tiberman Ramyead (Mauritius)“After many years of trial and error teaching myself Lightroom, I have finally found a teacher that I can understand! Laura is the best. I was so frustrated with purchasing books and paying for classes that used ‘lingo’ I didn’t understand. After watching her tutorials, I feel comfortable and am using Lightroom exclusively for my personal and business photos like a pro! (almost!)”
– Rivka F.“Thank you for the videos for Lightroom 4. I always thought I was not a visual learner but your style and presentation has proved me wrong. Wish I had found you sooner – my library would be a lot easier to work with!”
– Gerry Y.“I’m a Brazilian engineer and amateur photographer. I bought your DVD and I’m liking it very much. I saw tutorials on Lynda.com and Kelbytraining.com. They are both very good. But yours is the BEST. I’d like to thank you for your wonderful work, that is so useful to me.”
– Ricardo M.“I can very readily confirm that all good reports I had read before purchasing Lightroom 4 Fundamentals & Beyond are utterly correct and wish to add that Laura, bless her, is not only a joy to listen to but so professional ! By that I mean she has a distinct, unequivocally clear voice and she delivers information so explicitly and comprehensively. Obviously, she has put in a lot of preparation with this package. Very commendable and worth the money. Thank you Laura, great job !!”
– Tim S.“I just wanted to take a second to tell you how impressed I am with your Lightroom 4 video tutorial series, The Fundamentals & Beyond. I’m often disappointed with instructional material I purchase. But your course really works. It moves at a comfortable, easy to follow pace. You’ve presented the material in the way my mind learns new things. You use an extremely practical breakout of the material. Exactly in the order I need to learn it as I began using Lightroom. Your pace of presentation is so perfect that I now keep Lightroom open while watching your videos. When you show a setting I need to apply to my Lightroom program, I pause your video and toggle back into my Lightroom program with one keystroke. I make your recommended changes (99% of which I agree with) or try out the new technique you just shared, then toggle back out of Lightroom. I hit the play key on your video . . . and I’ve just mastered a new technique (with your help of course). And finally . . . the price . . . a fraction of what other instructional videos charge. But yours really works! Thanks so much. I wish everyone using Lightroom knew about your tutorial.”
– Jimmy J.
Producing Great Output
Really great videos by Laura Shoe I find Laura Shoe’s videos to be of the HIGHEST quality. She leaves nothing out – yet is very understandable. She has that rare ability to make complex subjects understandable to the rest of us. Most recently I completed her Lightroom “Producing Great Output” series of videos. The Book Module videos are a piece of the larger set. The book module videos are 14 in number and each deal with a specific part of the book-making project. Very detailed – yet very understandable and clear. I highly recommend Laura Shoe’s videos.
– Ronald MacKenzie (Amazon review)Laura Shoe is great. Laura definitely knows her stuff when it comes to Photoshop & Lightroom products. I would buy any book with her name on it.
– PhotoFXusa (Amazon review)Highly recommended Lightroom 4 DVD Laura Shoe’s Lightroom 4 Producing Great Output DVD is excellent. Whether you are a Lightroom novice or an experienced user, it’s all here — everything you’ll need to make your Lightroom 4 experience a positive one. She’s covered each output module in depth and has anticipated all my questions. Video format is the way I learn best. I can re-watch the tricky bits until I have a full understanding. It has taken me a long time to make the switch from using Photoshop exclusively to incorporating Lightroom into my workflow. I only wish I had found out about Laura and her Lightroom DVDs sooner.
– Linda Kamholz (Amazon review)Fantastic resource Each topic in this DVD is detailed, specific, and clear. The pace is perfect for me, and it’s easy to jump to or return to particular chapters. I was delighted with Laura’s The Fundamentals and Beyond, and this new DVD is equally excellent. I’ve used various books and online training, and I have to say nothing compares to these DVDs. You can’t go wrong!
– William K. Doak (Amazon review)Laura Shoe opens up a whole new LR4 world! Laura Shoe’s Lightroom4 tutorials are excellent, practical and fun. You can try out basic Lightroom functions on your own, but the Laura Shoe tutorials are a superb guide to maximizing your Lightroom4 experience–she opens up a whole new photographic world. Well worth the cost.
– D. W. Marston (Amazon review)Fantastic resource Elegantly produced and clearly presented, this series of videos is an invaluable resource. Laura Shoe’s a wonderful teacher, and all skill levels will benefit from her training. I’m a fine art printer and an Adobe ACE certified expert in Photoshop Lightroom, but I still picked up some great tips and techniques. I highly recommend it!
– Erin Patricia Quigley (Amazon review)