Laura Shoe's Lightroom Site - Tutorials, Tips, Training and News

Free Webinar: Introduction to Lightroom CC, What’s New in Lightroom Classic

Free Lightroom Webinar - What's NewI hope you can join me for my free webinar this coming weekend! I’ll discuss all of the Adobe news this week related to Lightroom:

• What’s new in Lightroom Classic (the Lightroom program we use currently, renamed)
  • Introduction to the new cloud-based Lightroom CC program and how it fits into the “Lightroom ecosystem”
  • Whether and how to migrate from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC
  • What’s new in Lightroom mobile and web and the incomplete integration with Lightroom Classic (if time permits)

When:  Saturday, October 21 at 3:00 pm Eastern (NY) / 12:00 pm Pacific (L.A.) / 8 pm London / 19:00 GMT / 6 am Sydney. Click here to see what time this is in your time zone90 minutes.

UPDATE 10/21/2017 – The webinar has ended, I’m sorry you missed it! I hope to have a recording available soon, and will let everyone know through my newsletter.

Can’t attend? Sign up for my newsletter to hear about how to watch the recording:

2017-10-24T23:00:26+00:00October 18th, 2017|22 Comments

1. Melvyn October 18, 2017 at 10:57 am - Reply

Hi Laura

Many thanks for continued support. Your genuine and sincere apprpach is appreciated.
    Anyone who buys lightroomm should not be without your proffessional support!

Peace and Light
    Melvyn Maurice Greenstein
    Cape Town

• Laura Shoe October 18, 2017 at 3:26 pm - Reply

You’re welcome – and thank you for your note, Melvyn!

2. Chris Bishop October 18, 2017 at 11:11 am - Reply

I’ve signed up for the webinar (8pm local time). Could you mention – cover using both Lightrooms Classic CC and CC. I’d like to use CC as a mobile app, but keep the classic – printing, renaming, off-line storage, loads of reasons. However I’ve read my keywords don’t sync (and the Big Boys are not expecting it to happen), nor collections and other bits. This is BAD NEWS!

• Laura Shoe October 18, 2017 at 3:27 pm - Reply

I will discuss it briefly, Chris.

3. Cathy October 19, 2017 at 5:02 pm - Reply

Can’t make the live webinar. Glad to know you will record it. Thanks.

4. Corinna Hofer October 19, 2017 at 8:48 pm - Reply

Laura, what would my “Lr world ” be without you!!! Almost impossible!
    I won’t be able to join the webinar, unfortunately. Will the recording you mentioned be accessible to everyone afterwards or only for those who joined the webinar? Thanks

• Laura Shoe October 20, 2017 at 7:19 pm - Reply

Thank you, Corinna. I’ll speak to the recording in my next newsletter afterwards.

5. Tony levelle October 19, 2017 at 9:15 pm - Reply

I bought cc as part of a publishing package. Now realize classic better choice. Any resources or thoughts on making this transition?

• Laura Shoe October 20, 2017 at 7:19 pm - Reply

If you’re talking about the new cloud-based Lightroom CC package, Tony, I would call Adobe customer service to switch over.

• Tony Levelle October 20, 2017 at 9:00 pm - Reply

Thanks Laura,
        Great idea. Will call them Monday.

6. Mark Dallaway October 19, 2017 at 11:27 pm - Reply

Hi Laura,
    Will you be recording the webinar as I am unfortunately make it live?
    Thanks for all your support and advice.
    Kind regards
    Mark

7. Terri Foster October 20, 2017 at 12:42 am - Reply

Looking forward to it Laura. Still getting my head around Lightroom. Not really sure about using it on my mobile, as don’t use my android phone for photos very much.

8. Joy i October 20, 2017 at 1:06 am - Reply

Thank you for setting this up- I won’t be joining in this time. Will there be a video available afterwards?

• Laura Shoe October 20, 2017 at 7:18 pm - Reply

I’ll speak to that in my next newsletter afterwards, Joy.

9. Ken Wigfield October 20, 2017 at 3:42 pm - Reply

Sorry I’m late, just back from photographing The Fall. There I started a stand-alone catalogue which I’ll feed into my main one soon. If possible, can you please link that approach into hris Bishop’s request.

10. Dallas Pottinger October 21, 2017 at 9:47 am - Reply

Time conflict for me! Any chance of archiving this? Thx!

11. Jimi White October 21, 2017 at 11:16 am - Reply

I installed Lightroom Classic CC. I have no intentions of using LRCC. Creative Cloud is asking me to install Lightroom CC. If it’s installed, can it be ignored?

• Laura Shoe October 22, 2017 at 3:02 pm - Reply

Yes, it can be ignored, or not installed, or uninstalled, Jimi.

12. Richard October 22, 2017 at 5:43 pm - Reply

Laura, thanks for being the LR shoulder we are all leaning on!
    We have the full 5.5 suite, and Lr & Ps CC. With the new developments, understand Lr Classic and Lr CC will not sync. Or is it Lr Mobil that will not sync with Lr Classic?
    This could be a good thing as I will use Lr Classic on my desktop and my wife will work on both an iPhone and iPad. Would it follow then that her work would not sync / overwrite what I do on my laptop / MacBook?
    Thanks,

• Laura Shoe October 24, 2017 at 6:35 pm - Reply

You can continue to sync collections from Classic to mobile, and images imported into mobile or shot with the mobile camera to Classic, Richard. It’s just that keywords added in mobile and folders (album folders/collection sets) created in mobile won’t sync to Classic.

The cloud-based Lightroom CC is fully integrated with mobile – all images in LR CC sync to mobile (not just specified collections) and all work done syncs everywhere else.