Lightroom CC/6 and 5: The Fundamentals & Beyond
A Workshop on Video with Laura Shoe
• FREE U.S. Shipping! International shipping $3.95.
• DVDs ship next business day via First Class mail.
Shopping cart problems?
• FREE U.S. Shipping! International shipping $3.95. Ships next business day via First Class mail.
Shopping cart problems?
In this Lightroom 5, 6, and CC version of the widely-acclaimed Fundamentals & Beyond series for beginners and experienced users, delve into the fundamentals of Lightroom and way beyond, in 15 1/2 hours of training on 76 videos. Laura guides you through how to organize and manage, enhance and share your photos and videos with Lightroom’s Library, Develop and Map modules. From her years of teaching experience and creating video tutorials for her own followers and for Adobe, she anticipates where students get stuck, and with a clear and concise presentation style, guides you through the complexities with ease.—— Click Here for More Details on What’s Covered ——
Understand how Lightroom works with a catalog, where to put your images and how to organize them, how to move your catalog and images, how to ensure that everything gets backed up.
Import, Organize and Find Your Photos
- Learn to import your photos from your hard drive, from memory cards, as well as from Elements, iPhoto and Mac Photos.
- Master critical skills to reorganize your folders and photos, why they go missing, and how to resolve this vexing issue.
- Cull your photos with flags, stars and color labels, then add keywords and in CC/6, face tag your photos. Learn how you can find any photo or group of photos almost instantly.
- Create collections and smart collectionsto pull together photos for projects without having duplicate photos all over your hard drive.
- Learn how the Map module can save you time and allow you to easily find photos based on location. Quickly assign location to your photos with pin-point accuracy using your smart phone’s GPS capabilities.
- Learn whether converting your raw files to DNG is right for you, and if so, how to convert and manage your DNG files. Find out how smart previews can enable a mobile workflow and speed up performance.
- Learn how to transfer photos and work from one computer to another, and how to edit your photos with smart previews so you can travel and work on your photos without taking your external drive.
Develop Your Photos
- Watch me develop a photo start-to-finish, then delve into the tools to transform your images, using my photos.
- Whether you want to learn just the basics, or master every tool available, this segment will inform and inspire you.
- Learn how to read the histogram, and then to use the crop, spot removal, and red eye tools.
- Learn to make your photos pop with the Basic panel, how to adjust individual tones with the Tone Curve, individual colors with HSL, black and white conversions and split toning, adding grain and vignettes, lens and perspective corrections, sharpening and noise reduction.
- Learn how to take advantage of virtual copies and presets, and how to use history and snapshots.
- Take care of problem areas in your photos and bring attention to your subject with the adjustment brush, radial filter and graduated filter.
- Retouch portraits with the adjustment brush and spot removal tool.
- Work on multiple images with sync and auto sync. Understand color spaces, rendering intents and soft proof your photos for print or export. Learn different ways to view your image before and after your work. Integrate Photoshop or Elements into your Lightroom workflow.
- Create Panoramas and Merge Multiple Exposures (HDR):
Manage and Develop Your Videos
- Learn how to trim videos and capture still photographs from your videos.
- Develop your videos using creative workarounds to Lightroom’s limitations.
Share Your Photos and Videos
Export copies of your photos to share with people, publish directly to Facebook, Flickr and other services, and email photos straight from Lightroom. Add text or a graphic (watermark) to your photos as you export.
- Series Introduction
- Downloading These Videos and PDFs to Your iPad or iPhone
- Introduction to Lightroom
- How Lightroom Works
- to Upgrade to Lightroom 5
- How to Upgrade to Lightroom CC/6
- Importing Photos Already on Your Computer
- Setting Up and Managing Catalog Backups
- Moving Your Photo Library (13:39)
- Importing Photos Already on Your Computer
- Importing Photos from New Memory Cards
- Importing from Elements into Lightroom CC/6
- Importing from Elements into Lightroom 5
- Importing from iPhoto into Lightroom
- Importing from Apple Photos into Lightroom
- Orientation to the Library Module
- The Identity Plate
- Setting Library Grid and Loupe View Options
- Lightroom Preferences
- Catalog Settings
- File and Folder Management
- Missing Folders and Files
- Pros and Cons of Converting Your Raw Files to DNG
- How to Convert and Manage Your DNG Files
- Evaluating Photos
- The Quick Develop Panel
- Keywording Basics
- Keyword Suggestions and Sets
- Face Tagging (Lightroom CC/6 only)
- Organizing and Managing Keywords – The Keyword List Panel
- Adding and Viewing Photo Information Using The Metadata Panel
- Renaming Photos
- Searching for Your Photos
- Collections and Smart Collections
- Smart Previews for Offline Editing
- Transferring Lightroom Work from One Computer to Another
- Map Module Part 1: Adding and Managing Photos
- Map Module Part 2: Leveraging the Power of the Map Module
- Map Module Part 3: Saved Locations and Filtering
- Map Module Part 4: Automated Ways to Assign GPS Location
Merging Images in Lightroom CC/6
Photomerge Panorama (Lightroom CC/6 only)
Photomerge HDR (Lightroom CC/6 only)
Developing Your Photos
- Orientation to the Develop Module
- The Histogram
- Overview of Developing a Photo
- Develop Process Version
- Cropping and Straightening Photos
- The Spot Removal Tool
- The Red Eye and Pet Eye Tools
- Camera Profiles
- The Basic Panel
- Viewing Before and After
- The Tone Curve Panel
- The HSL Panel
- Adjustment Brush Basics
- The Adjustment Brush: More Examples
- The Graduated Filter
- Radial Filter Tool
- Converting to Black & White, Split Toning
- Adding Vignettes and Grain with The Effects Panel
- The Effects Panel: Dehaze (for Creative Cloud subscribers only)
- The Lens Corrections Panel
- The Transform Panel
- The Detail Panel: Noise Reduction and Sharpening
- Soft Proofing
- Working Groups of Photos with Sync and Auto Sync
- Virtual Copies and Snapshots
- Reference View (for CC subscribers)
- Exporting Copies of Your Photos
- Emailing from Lightroom
- Watermark Your Photos
- Publish Services
- The Adobe Stock Publish Service
- Working with Photoshop, Elements and Other Image Editors
- Setting Preferences for Working with Photoshop, Elements and Other Image Editors
- Editing in Photoshop or Elements
I purchased your Lightroom tutorial series and have found it to be superb! Your style of instruction is easy to follow, very informative and helped me become more facile in using Lightroom. I gained a great deal of expertise and felt more at ease in editing my images after participating in this series. Thank you for aiding me in becoming a better photographer.
Who This Series Is For
For the past five years, Laura’s Fundamentals & Beyond series has consistently earned 5 star reviews from both beginners and experienced users, as she teaches in a way that beginners can easily understand and immediately put to use, and with enough depth that experienced users can also benefit greatly. Beginners: she doesn’t assume you know anything about Lightroom, and she advises you on which videos to watch first so that you aren’t overwhelmed. Experienced users: Laura is often surprised at how many cool things or critical skills in Lightroom even users with many years of experience don’t know about. She provides comprehensive, consistently high quality education that builds your skills as you go along.
Laura Shoe’s Lightroom course has allowed me to finally understand what Lightroom is and what I can do with it. I have paid hundreds of dollars for Lightroom lessons in person and on the internet, but I screwed up constantly. But by following all the easy steps in Laura Shoe’s course I see myself now as a Lightroom pro! She is clear, calm, easy to understand, exact, precise and friendly. What more do you want?! Hurry, she is the best Lightroom coach you’ll ever need!
What You Get
- Comprehensive instruction in 76 videos.
- Laura’s practice photos for the photo-editing lessons
- A PDF of Laura’s favorite Lightroom shortcuts
- A detailed searchable index, so you can get back to any point in any of the videos
- Participation in a private Facebook group in which to ask Lightroom questions. After purchase, contact Laura for an invitation to join.
- Free downloadable updates for any new features added to Lightroom CC 2015 and 6.
- 60 Day No-Risk Satisfaction Guarantee: If you’re not fully satisfied with this series, contact us within 60 days for a full refund.
Laura’s training is always clear and to the point. She seems to anticipate my questions before they even form in my mind. I highly recommend Laura’s training to beginners as well as advanced users. She knows her stuff!
About Watching These Videos
The series includes 76 MP4 movies (1024×768). Most videos are applicable to CC, 6 and 5. (74 of the videos are applicable to Lightroom CC and 6, and 69 are applicable to Lightroom 5).
These videos are playable with QuickTime, iTunes, and all other media players on PCs and Macs. Once you download the series or receive a DVD, no internet connection is required to watch the videos! Watch them anywhere: you can put them on two of your own computers and all your mobile devices. Instruction is provided on how to download them to your iPad or iPhone. Note that most TVs will not play MP4 videos directly. Alternatives include using Apple TV, or connecting your iPad or laptop to your TV.
The License Agreement
Click here to review the License Agreement for this product. (It also is included in the product download and DVD.) Please Note: Due to the nature of this product, the License Agreement does not permit you to resell this product.
Laura is the consummate professional, at the top of the game in terms of delivering the best available Lightroom training, tutorials and tips for both the advanced and beginner. Her training course are extremely well crafted. Pace and pitch of delivery is a pleasure to experience.
Sample Videos***Note that purchased videos are larger and of much higher image quality.
Importing Photos into Lightroom That Are Already on Your Computer
What’s New from the Last Version?
- Work with Laura’s photos for all the lessons on developing, and on panorama and HDR merges.
- Easily get back to any point in a video with the detailed Video Index. Use Acrobat Reader to search the index for any topic.
- Comprehensive instruction in Lightroom CC/6’s new features. The big ones are panorama and HDR merges and face tagging, but all the “little” ones are included as well.
- New videos: Importing from iPhoto, Importing from Mac Photos, Keyword Suggestions and Sets, The Quick Develop Panel, Overview of Lightroom Mobile and Web, and for Lightroom CC/6 users: Photo Merge HDR, Photo Merge Panorama, Dehaze, Face Tagging, Reference View, Adobe Stock Publish Service.
What a great discovery Laura has been, with no nonsense tutorials and very clear to understand step-by-step instructions. I really thought I knew Lightroom but was really just skimming the surface. Other instructors I have tried usually just say “do this”, Laura firmly sits in the “why you should” bracket. Please support this top class instructor and you will not be sorry. In fact like myself you will be very delighted that you did.
Problems with the Shopping Cart?
- If you don’t have a PayPal account and wish to pay with a credit card, in the shopping cart click on the credit cards symbol to the right of “Checkout with PayPal”.
- If you click on Add to Cart and nothing happens, right-click (ctl-click on Mac), and choose Open Link in New Tab (or Window). If this doesn’t work, try using a different browser. If this doesn’t work, please contact Laura.
- PayPal errors: First, try a different browser. Second, if you know how to, try clearing your browser history and cookies. If you don’t know how to do this or it does not resolve the issue, please contact Laura. Information on what error codes and messages you received would also be very helpful.
- If you are getting a blank screen with Firefox, use a different browser, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Safari.
- Other problems or questions? Contact Laura
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Is Lightroom the right photo-editing program for me?
Lightroom is an excellent program for both serious amateurs and professional photographers. If you are an amateur and you are managing a large collection of photographs, or you want to take the time to make the most of your photos and you don’t mind the time investment to learn Lightroom, then to me you qualify as a serious amateur. Read more in my article, Should I Learn Lightroom or Photoshop or Both or Neither?
Which training video series is right for me, The Fundamentals & Beyond, or Producing Great Output?
Generally speaking: begin with The Fundamentals & Beyond, and then proceed to Producing Great Output.
In The Fundamentals & Beyond I teach what I consider to be the core of Lightroom – the Library and Develop modules (plus the Map module.) You’ll learn how to import, organize and manage, and edit your photos, and how to share them by exporting copies, emailing from Lightroom, and using Publish Services to upload to social media and photo sharing sites. If you are a beginner, you should start with The Fundamentals & Beyond. If you are an experienced user who wants to fill in gaps in your knowledge or learn to work more efficiently, you can also benefit greatly from The Fundamentals & Beyond.
Producing Great Output is a companion series that assumes some foundation in the fundamentals of importing, organizing and editing. It specifically covers how to use Lightroom’s output modules (Book, Slideshow, Web, Print) to create photo books, slideshows and web galleries, and to design single and multi-photo print layouts and print to your own printer or export to send out to print. I also spend 2 ½ hours on important output concepts that are critical to getting great output, and that I believe all photographers need a solid foundation in. This section is very valuable even if you don’t use Lightroom’s Print, Book, Slideshow or Web modules. You’ll learn why sometimes you don’t get in print or other output what you see in Lightroom, and what you can do about it (the big and sometimes unnecessarily intimidating topic of color management), and how to set output settings like JPEG quality and sharpening.
Do you provide free updates when Adobe releases a new version of Lightroom?
For minor releases, such as from Lightroom 6.0 to Lightroom 6.2 or CC 2015.0 to CC 2015.2, I provide free downloadable updates.
I like to learn on my own and there is a lot of free content on the web – why would I need your video series?
No question there is a lot of content out there – and some of it is quite good! However, some of it is not of the highest quality, and moreover, it is difficult to construct comprehensive education for yourself from piecemeal free content. I am often surprised at how many cool things or critical skills in Lightroom even users with many years of experience don’t know about. I provide comprehensive, consistently high quality education that builds your skills as you go along.
I have seen many short videos on the web as well as in-person “crash courses” that show off cool Lightroom tools or techniques that leave folks excited to try them, but don’t go into sufficient detail to actually enable you to use the tools successfully, or to understand how to get unstuck when you invariably get stuck. I have taught Lightroom in-person for many years, so I understand where users get stuck and what things are difficult to grasp, and I guide you through these.
I have an older version of this series. Should I get this version as well?
If you watched and mastered all or most of Laura’s Lightroom 5 series and really just need to learn the new features, a more efficient way to do this would be to watch her free Learn Lightroom CC/6’s New Features series.
On the other hand, if you haven’t watched many of the Fundamentals & Beyond videos, or if you want to be able to revisit videos and you want to be confident that you are watching completely up-to-date content, you’ll find this updated Lightroom CC/6 and 5: The Fundamentals & Beyond series to be useful. It also contains practice photos and an extensive index that the Lightroom 5 version didn’t have.
If you have the Lightroom 3 or 4 version of this series, so much has changed or been added since that it would most likely be beneficial for you to purchase this series. Five hours of content has been added since Lightroom 4: The Fundamentals and Beyond, and the series has been entirely rerecorded with eight additional hours of training since Lightroom 3: The Fundamentals and Beyond, taking it from seven hours to over fifteen.
If I purchase the DVDs, do I need to download anything?
No. Your DVD purchase does entitle you to a free download of the series so that you can get started right away if you choose. However, it is an exact copy of what is on the DVD, so there is no need to download it if you prefer not to.
Can I put the videos on multiple computers and mobile devices?
Your purchase entitles you to copy the videos onto all of your own computers and/or mobile devices, exclusively for your own personal use. For detailed terms and conditions, contact Laura.
How can I put the videos on my iPad or other mobile device?
The second video in this series shows you how to use iTunes to download the videos and PDFs from your computer to your iPad or iPhone. You’ll then use the Videos app to play the videos, and the iBooks app to read the PDFs.
For other mobile devices: check with your device manufacturer for instructions on how to transfer and view MP4 video files and PDFs.
How will I play the videos – is software included?
You will double-click on each video to play it with your computer’s default media player. Free media players include QuickTime, Windows Media Player, and iTunes.
The series also includes PDF’s containing descriptions of each video and my favorite Lightroom shortcuts.
Can I play the videos on my TV?
Most television DVD players will not play MP4 videos directly. Alternatives include using Apple TV, or connecting your iPad or laptop to your TV.
What if I’m not satisfied with your product?
If you’re not fully satisfied with my video tutorials, contact us within 60 days of purchase for a full refund.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you’re not fully satisfied with Laura’s Lightroom video tutorials, you can contact us within 60 days of purchase for a full refund. You have no risk!
Photo Source International Product Review
Questions? Contact Us
Customer Reviews and More Testimonials
I have many, many books on Lightroom — too many to read them all. However, I have found that Laura’s videos are far easier to comprehend and the quality of the videos is unequaled. She is definitely a cut above.
I just wanted you to know how much I have enjoyed your Lightroom video series. The tutorials are clear and concise, but cover all relevant aspects of the Lightroom features. In fact, I make it a habit to sit down once every couple of weeks and give myself a short “refresher” on some aspect (usually of the Develop module). There is so much functionality that I find I’m always rediscovering something about the program when I revisit a video. Thanks so much.
I’m one of the many who moved from Aperture to Lightroom. Most of my struggles these past months have been in the Library module. I just couldn’t grasp how to organize my photo library. All the books and online tutorials kind of just glanced over this important step. At some point I found your blog and from there found and purchased your videos “The Fundamentals and Beyond” and “Producing Great Output”. My eyes were opened and the light began to shine as I watched your videos and followed your instructions on how to organize my photos. I can’t say enough about how easy, thorough and precise you are in explaining the concepts in your videos. I’ve learned so much from you in fact that recently I was asked by a long-time LR user to show her how to organize her library! Thanks for all your help. I couldn’t have done this without you!!!
As a serious non-professional travel photographer I had been using Photoshop for 15 years when Lightroom came along. After attending classes in Lightroom where I came away confused, I bought Laura’s video course on LR. Her clear instruction taught me LR and today I use it for all my photography, only occasionally going to Photoshop. I can’t thank Laura enough and would recommend her videos highly.
Learning how to get the most from Lightroom is so much easier with Laura’s video workshops. Each topic is covered by a short stand alone video which can be watched on its own or as part of the series. I have both The Fundamentals & Beyond and Producing Great Output (for Lightroom 5) on my iPad. Ahead of working on some photos I watch one or more video chapters to refresh my memory. It’s great when you are on a train, etc. My knowledge and use of Lightroom is so much better now thanks to Laura’s clearly explained tutorials.
The Laura Shoe video series for Lightroom has been indispensable in my development as a photographer. While I had strong photography skills in terms of capturing photos, the post-processing learning curve was steep for me. I purchased both series of Laura’s educational videos and have enjoyed her ability to explain Lightroom in a way that makes sense and is easy to follow. I am presently working on a book about the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve and the knowledge gained from Laura Shoe’s video series has contributed greatly to the success of this project. I would highly recommend this series to anyone wanting to learn more about Lightroom.
I have Laura’s tutorials on Lightroom 4 and 5. They have enabled me to utilize the wonders of Lightroom. Tutorials are clear, easy to understand and tell you what you need to know. They are the best I have seen. Well worth the cost. Keep up the good work, Laura.
Laura Shoe’s workshop has provided an immeasurable insight into Lightroom and its catalog. Her clear communication and concise instructions corrected my misconceptions and enabled me to continue cataloging over 20,000 of my collected images. Thank you, Laura.
Without Laura Shoe, I would have given up on photography completely. I came to it late – in my 60s – and after frustrating experiences with Photoshop, I switched to Lightroom. I found that the teaching resources available didn’t work very well for me. I wish I could remember how I discovered Laura’s work, but I am enormously glad that I did. Her videos have helped me so much – the content and presentation are beyond reproach. I still go back to them often. She has even provided personal assistance. Thanks to her inspiration, photography is now an important part of my life. I can create and print images that give me great satisfaction and just occasionally pride. Laura – thank you so much!
I am 67 years old, an ‘enthusiast’ photographer, and was slowly discovering Lightroom4 through trial and error until I discovered your website. THANK YOU so much!! You have saved me hours of frustration. After working through both Fundamentals & Beyond and Producing Great Output workshops on video I now feel like I know what I am doing (and why). And I love Lightroom!
Your straightforward and clear videos finally opened my eyes to the value of Lightroom after I had made several previous failed attempts. Largely thanks to your instruction, I now use it for almost 90% of my photo work, and I have recommended your videos to many other people.
I had been using Photoshop Elements. At first I was overwhelmed with learning how to use Lightroom because I couldn’t intuitively grasp all of its capabilities. I watched Adobe and YouTube videos but I still did not have a comprehensive understanding of this software. Then then I found Laura Shoe’s instructional videos. They gave me a solid grounding in the capability and function of Lightroom. Since then I have watched many other good tutorials by other people. But it is Laura’s set of instructional videos which I found to be the clearest and most concise – especially at that point in my learning curve. It was money very well spent to allow this teacher to guide me through the intricacies of Lightroom while I gained confidence.Thank you for a wonderful product.
Laura Shoe’s Lightroom tutorials are simple, clear, and comprehensive. I have made a career of teaching computer applications and Laura Shoe’s tutorials are taught by a person who knows how to teach.
I am a retired healthcare educator who teaches digital photography. Laura is a superb instructor. I especially enjoy viewing the videos I purchased so I can refer to them while I’m working projects such as the Book module. I have An Apple desktop and a PC side by side, so I can easily refer to Laura’s material on the PC while I’m working on the Apple. I feel grateful that I know about Laura and her excellent videos. I urge you to order her products. You won’t be disappointed! With gratitude for a great instructor like Laura,
I have had Lightroom for a couple of years and really had no understanding of the complexity of all the modules and was muddling away in a disorganised manner getting nowhere fast. Sure I had a couple of books on the topic but they didn’t quite get the message across to me in a way that I could understand. So I trawled Youtube for a couple of months looking at just about everyone out there and picking up a few tips on the way. I worked out that my learning style was that I had to see it done so I could mimic, experiment and then develop my skills and work flow. Then I found Laura and her tutorials. I got the Fundamentals and Beyond and have learned more than I thought was possible. Laura is a pro — she explains without ego in clear concise and easy to follow manner. She gets on with the job, edits out unnecessary fluff and gets to the point, highlighting various relevant scenarios. I recommend and endorse Laura’s packages, totally.
I can not tell you how many times I go back to your [Fundamentals & Beyond] tutorials to help me fix an issue in Lightroom or to figure how a tool is used. Thank You So Much! They have saved me countless hours trying to do it on my own.
I found Laura’s videos on Lightroom 5 to be the best way to learn how to use it. The series contains a wealth of information on all the tools in the program. Being a video-based learning series, I was able to pause when I wanted to try what Laura was teaching. Laura is a fantastic teacher who clearly explains the process of the actions being used. I highly recommend Laura’s videos to any one wanting to learn Lightroom the best and easiest way possible.