Lightroom 3 Fundamentals and Beyond: A Workshop on DVD
Almost 7 hours of training on 37 videos, for Mac and PC (iPad and mobile device compatible!)
“This is by far the best tutorial/ instruction book/ guide/ seminar/ workshop / DVD that I’ve ever invested in!“ Mark S.
Pay via Paypal from your PayPal account or by credit card (Pay as a Guest rather than logging in).
$49.95 $35.95 (+ tax, WA residents)
You will receive a download link within a few minutes. The file is 835 MB.
Problems with the cart or PayPal? Scroll down to the bottom of this page.
In this widely-acclaimed series of almost 7 hours of training on 37 videos, delve into the fundamentals of Lightroom and beyond. Laura guides you through how to manage, enhance and share your images in Lightroom 3 in a way that beginners can easily understand and immediately put to use, and with enough depth that intermediate users can also benefit greatly. From her years of teaching experience and moderating Adobe’s Community Help system, she anticipates where students get stuck, and with a clear and concise presentation style, guides you through the complexities with ease.
Getting Started: Understand how Lightroom 3 works with a catalog and nondestructive editing, where to put your images and how to organize them, how to move your catalog and images, how to ensure that everything gets backed up, how to set preferences and catalog settings.
Library: Learn how to get around in the Library module, manage screen space, set view options, import images, manage your files and folders, resolve problems that occur, rate, flag and keyword your images, add metadata, find images, create collections and smart collections. Learn how to use Publish Services to share your images on Facebook, Flickr and other services, and how to create jpeg and other copies of your images to share via Export.
Develop: after an overview of the Develop process, learn how to read the histogram, and then to use the crop, spot removal, and red eye tools. Learn the basics panel, how to adjust individual tones with the tone curve, individual colors with HSL, black and white conversions and split toning, adding grain and vignettes, lens corrections, sharpening and noise reduction. Learn how to take advantage of virtual copies and presets, and how to use history and snapshots. Make local changes with the adjustment brush and graduated filter. Work on multiple images with sync and auto sync. Learn different ways to view your image before and after your work. New bonus: Integrating Photoshop into your Lightroom workflow.
37 high resolution (800 x 600 pixels or higher) MP4 movies (playable with Quick Time, iTunes and other media players; Quick Time Mac and PC installation programs included). iPad compatible!
Includes guidance for beginners on which videos are most important for beginners to watch first.
Is this series applicable to Lightroom 2 as well? Yes — while the series was recorded using Lightroom 3, for the most part Lightroom 3 adds additional features, but otherwise looks and acts the same as Lightroom 2. The Import dialog does have a different layout — but the same basic functionality, so even the Import video is worth watching.
Problems with the Shopping Cart or Paypal?
This product is also available on Amazon.com, so this is one option. Most customers, though, are able to resolve issues on this page with the following suggestions:
1. If you do not have a PayPal account and wish to pay with a credit card, go ahead and click on “Checkout with PayPal” in the shopping cart. On the PayPal login window that appears, at the bottom on the right, click on “Pay as a Guest”.
2. If you click on Add to Cart and nothing happens, right-click (ctl-click on Mac), and choose Open Link in New Tab (or Window). If this doesn’t work, try using a different browser. If this doesn’t work – don’t give up! Contact Laura and let her know whether you wish to purchase the DVD or download version, whether you live in Washington state, and what discount code you are using, if any. She will send you a Paypal payment request directly.
3. Customers are currently reporting PayPal errors. First, try a different browser. Second, if you know how to, try clearing your browser cache/history and cookies. If you do not know how to, or this does not resolve the issue, please contact Laura, and she will send you an invoice, which should work around the issue. Please let her know whether you would like the download or DVD, whether you are a Washington state resident or not, and if you have a discount code.
4. If Paypal will not accept your credit card and you do not have a PayPal account with which to pay, contact Laura to send a check. Let her know whether you wish to purchase the DVD or download version, whether you live in Washington state, and what discount code you are using, if any. Your product will be delivered as soon as the check clears.
5. If you are getting a blank screen with Firefox, use a different browser, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Safari.