/, Lightroom Announcements/Read What’s New in Lightroom 6.12 and CC 2015.12

Read What’s New in Lightroom 6.12 and CC 2015.12

Adobe released Lightroom 6.12 and CC 2015.12 tonight. This is a free update for Lightroom 6 and CC customers. It includes support for new cameras, new lens profiles, and several bug fixes, some for bugs that have been outstanding for a long time, and one for a serious issue (that I wasn’t aware of) where Lightroom would delete files. Because of the bug fixes, I recommend that everyone install this update – though some users might choose to wait a bit to make sure there aren’t widespread serious issues with the update. (If I hear of a widespread serious issue, I’ll update this post. If you wish to see what people are reporting and report issues of your own,  here’s the Adobe page where you can report and monitor Lightroom problems.

To install the update, go to Help>Updates in Lightroom, or in your Creative Cloud app click on Update next to Lightroom on the Apps tab. If you find that the update is not yet available to you through  these methods, you can download the update file directly and then click on it to run the update. Here are the files: Mac  Windows.

Did I Miss 6.11 and CC 2015.11?

There was no 6.11 or CC 2015.11. Lightroom release numbers coincide with Camera Raw release numbers, and Camera Raw is on version 9. (Camera Raw is Photoshop’s raw processor and Lightroom uses it under the hood.) Because of the terrorist attack, Adobe felt that using 9.11 was not appropriate, so both Lightroom and Camera Raw have skipped 11.

Support Added for New Cameras
  • Canon EOS 6D Mark II
  • Canon EOS 200D (Canon EOS Rebel SL2, Canon EOS Kiss X9 EU)
  • Leica TL2 • Nikon D7500
  • Olympus Tough TG-5
Bug Fixes

Library

Develop

Output

• PC users could not add multiple lines of text in identity plates in Slideshow and Print. Now you can use Ctl-Enter to advance to a new line. (Mac users could already do this with Opt-Enter.) PC users can now paste in multi-line  text  from Word or other text editors, just as Mac users can – this is GREAT news! (However, in tests I did tonight, Lightroom didn’t maintain the centering of two lines of text that I pasted in from Word – Lightroom on Macs would maintain this. That said, test it yourself if you’re interested in this.)

Miscellaneous

New Lens Profiles (Available in the Lens Corrections panel)

Canon EF

• TAMRON SP 45mm F/1.8 Di VC USD F013S
  • TAMRON SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD F017S

Sony FE

• Sony FE 12-24mm F4 G
  • Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM
  • Venus Optics Laowa 12mm f2.8 Zero-D

Related Post: Read What’s New in Lightroom Mobile iOS 2.8 and Android 3.0!

2017-07-26T11:27:19+00:00 July 18th, 2017|9 Comments

1. Ryan July 18, 2017 at 11:37 pm - Reply

I have this glitch sometimes when after importing and converting my files to dng I go back in the library and choose a file to delete from disk. When i go back to the same folder to Import a working file I saved as a jpeg from photoshop I see the file that I supposedly deleted is still on my hard drive checked for me to import.

• Laura Shoe July 19, 2017 at 8:46 am - Reply

Other than making sure you’re hitting Delete from Disk rather than Remove, I’m not sure what to suggest, Ryan. Try lightroomforums.net or the Adobe forum.

2. Alan July 19, 2017 at 12:01 am - Reply

Excellent news – worth it just to stop the Map module flashing all the time 🙂

Thanks for such a comprehensive run down of changes, very useful.

• Laura Shoe July 19, 2017 at 8:45 am - Reply

You’re welcome, Alan!

3. Fred Saunders July 19, 2017 at 7:23 am - Reply

Good morning Laura,

First, thank you for really improving my Lightroom experience via your courses and blogs. Really great stuff.

If I recall correctly, you usually show a link to get the latest updates for LR but I don’t see one here. Help!!

• Laura Shoe July 19, 2017 at 8:44 am - Reply

You’re welcome, Fred! No problem on not seeing the link – it’s a common question.

4. Fred Saunders July 19, 2017 at 7:48 am - Reply

Oops!! I re-read your email and apologize for not seeing your info on how to get the update.

Sincerely, Fred Saunders

5. Doug July 19, 2017 at 8:27 am - Reply

Thanks for the heads up. Always appreciated.

Happy Shooting

6. Ed Hensley August 3, 2017 at 3:05 pm - Reply

As usual, excellent compiling of info, Laura. Thanks for that. I just posted an issue to LR forum that I thought I’d share. I shoot raw + jpeg for several reasons, but just notice this issue since updating to this latest version. I’ll paste in what I posted there:
    I’ve noticed this only since updating to LR 2015.12, but not sure about timing. I’m on iMac running 10.11.6. After import, all looked normal: 2 versions of each image (I import as separate files). Only after I had reformatted the camera card did I realize that what LR had imported was 2 JPEGs instead of RAW + JPEG, but not consistently. About 10-25% of the shoot was that way. I’ve seen it twice now. Once, I could go to the card and pull off CR2s manually, and they were fine. In the case of the reformatted SD card, I had to run card recovery software to get all the missing CR2s back and then use capture time to find the associated extra JPEGs to delete them. The JPEGS come in with [filename]-2.jpg and are right next to [filename].jpg. In the case of the reformatted card, my client ended up choosing an image that had been “lost” in this importing process and that I recovered from the card. Now that I know to watch for “-2” in the name, I can be careful. Since the camera cards are working (I reformat often, but not low level, fortunately) and the camera is working, then I don’t see how this issue is anything but a bug in LR.