Adobe has announced that the official release of Lightroom 4.4 is now available. If next time you open Lightroom, it doesn’t prompt you to update, go to Help>Check for Updates. Download the installation package, and then double-click on it to run it. (Many users skip this last step, and therefore in fact never update Lightroom!)
This release provides new camera support, additional lens profiles, and bug fixes. Fuji camera owners will see important changes that affect image quality.
Unlike with the early “release candidate”, I recommend that everyone go ahead and update to this official release of 4.4.
New Cameras Supported:
- Correction to the demosaic algorithms for Fujifilm cameras with the XTrans sensor (Fujifilm X-Pro1, Fujifilm X-E1, Fujifilm X100S, Fujifilm X20)
- Based on user feedback, the default sharpening amount applied to Fujifilm X-Pro1 and FujifilmX-E1 raw files has been increased between the 4.4 RC release and this final release.
- Correction to the demosaic algorithms for Fujifilm cameras with theEXR sensor. This correction applies only to raw images captured using the “EXR HR” mode with the following cameras:
- X10, XF1, X-S1, S200EXR, HS20EXR, HS30EXR,F550EXR, F600 EXR, F770EXR, F800EXR
- Fix default aspect ratio support for Fujifilm X-E1 raw files.
- Fix Nikon default white balance for the following camera models:
- D2X, D2Xs,D2Hs, D200, D40, D50, D80